Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

that's better than Payton

I think we are drafting a pg this year. Clarkson would pretty much be a lateral move. He’s not the answer to any of our problems. Trading for Clarkson to me is a henny move

Clarkson is a below average pick and roll ball handler.  A below average spot up shooter.  A below average transition scorer.  A below average shooter off screens.  A below average scorer off handoffs. A below average cutter off ball.  

Hes a below average passer.  

He's an ok defender.  He's an ok isolation scorer.  He's pretty good at finishing at the rim

38 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Clarkson is a below average pick and roll ball handler.  A below average spot up shooter.  A below average transition scorer.  A below average shooter off screens.  A below average scorer off handoffs. A below average cutter off ball.  

Hes a below average passer.  

He's an ok defender.  He's an ok isolation scorer.  He's pretty good at finishing at the rim

that settles it, forget him!

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

that settles it, forget him!

He was fine when we were looking at a maybe good team that needed more bench scoring. 

But a team with basically a full rebuild needs to limit salaries for role players unless they fit the timeline/vision of the front office.  

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He was fine when we were looking at a maybe good team that needed more bench scoring. 

But a team with basically a full rebuild needs to limit salaries for role players unless they fit the timeline/vision of the front office.  

yeah I'm probably just thirsty for change/news

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah I'm probably just thirsty for change/news

Me too but I'm hoping our new management is smart and gets us out of the mess we are in. I'm loving the idea of seeing some new faces and not having to watch Payton's hair bounce anymore as he runs unless it's on his new team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Me too but I'm hoping our new management is smart and gets us out of the mess we are in. I'm loving the idea of seeing some new faces and not having to watch Payton's hair bounce anymore as he runs unless it's on his new team.

Well, you won't be seeing EP's face much longer regardless.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wonder if Portland would do Fournier, vucevic, and a top 3 protected 2018 pick for mccollum

On RealGM it has been proposed as Fournier, Mario, and our lightly protected pick for CJ and Swannigan with mixed responses.