Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'd start DJ until the rook is ready if we can find a taker for EP. By the time next season rolls around his hair will be bouncing in and out of his mouth when he runs and I can't bear to see that.

Ha. He'll be chewing on it for amusement. I can see that.

But yeah, we need to move on from EP.

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Of course he is. One thing no one is really asking is whether HE wants to be in Orlando. What has he witnessed since draft day? 4 head coaches? 2 GMs? A culture of loosing?  Plus he has lost 2 very talented teamates to questionable trades. I can't believe he has any real faith in this franchise.

In addition, the current nba climate absolutely worships athletecism and potential, and Mr. Gordon oozes both. He would be considered a god in a large Market, and with his much improved  shot, 1.5 yrs of control on his rookie deal, and ability to sign the largest deal with the team he is rosteted on, his trade value right now could never be higher for the Magic.

And lets not pretend that new GMs don't like to build a team with their guys and their moves. The reset button is about to be hit. Simmons, Issac, and Iwundu are Hammond's first building blocks. Everyone else will be considered a means to acquire the talent he wants or clear payroll.  

Your last paragraph is why I think there's a possibility. Plus I think Isaac might be a PF when it's said and done but who knows.

I haven’t been able to watch many games recently, but Gordon looks like he has been struggling. What are the reasons from those watching? Poor shot selection? Increased defensive focus? Just in a slump?

1 hour ago, Odin said:

I haven’t been able to watch many games recently, but Gordon looks like he has been struggling. What are the reasons from those watching? Poor shot selection? Increased defensive focus? Just in a slump?

Combination of all. Trying to do too much as the lead guy instead of trusting his teammates, spending way too much time trying to make plays off of the dribble. I hope its more of an alpha dog mentality and less of him seeing the dollar signs this summer.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Honestly if this is true what the hell was the team doing to him last year

He'll probably be on some other team next year and become a star.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Honestly if this is true what the hell was the team doing to him last year

Also, if it’s true, why the hell wouldn’t we pick up his option if one of his seasons was hindered by injury?! This organization is in shambles 

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Which means our medical team is absolute garbage. 

That wouldn't surprise me. 

17 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'm pretty sure we don't want to start a rookie point guard initially and we have no avenue to a bridge starter this summer.  

Yeah I guess. It’s just to me when Vogel starts people at the beginning of the season, he seems to have a hard time changing things when it’s not working