Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

“I think some young players can see the big picture and recognize they’re trying to win games if certain organizations aren’t,” he answered. “It’s a fine line and one that I really don’t have any interest in entertaining, because the message can be mixed and it could hamper a young player’s development, for sure.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Magic coach Frank Vogel wants no part of tanking.

“That’s not a word I digest,” Vogel said. “I’m trying to build a winning culture, winning habits, and that’s my only focus.”

That's the sad part Frank.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Magic coach Frank Vogel wants no part of tanking.

“That’s not a word I digest,” Vogel said. “I’m trying to build a winning culture, winning habits, and that’s my only focus.”

Good for Frank. They already are poor competitors, hanging their heads and unraveling when things get tough.  The last thing we want to do is reinforce those tendencies. 

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Good for Frank. They already are poor competitors, hanging their heads and unraveling when things get tough.  The last thing we want to do is reinforce those tendencies. 

Coaches and players don't tank though. Gms do

You want the coach to try and tank?

Do you also want the players in on it? Throwing passes into the stands on purpose to make sure we don't win another game?

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

“When guys score, nobody’s really happy ... if we cheer for each other and be happy for the next man.”

This cannot be undersold on how important it is. This is what I've noticed all season and the past few seasons. That's a horrible culture.

Reminds me of the White Man Can't Jump quote that Billy says to Sidney "You'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win." I feel like a lot of our players are caring more about themselves (to become the man on the team or to increase their next contract) than the team, and in effect winning.

39 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If Frank won't tank then we need to let him go and bring in somebody that will. We HAVE to be in the top 5 picks and get a game changer or we will just keep our spot on the treadmill.

You never want a coach that accepts tanking.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

"RELEASE FROM FOX SPORTS FLORIDA: LISA LESLIE NAMED NEW PRE- AND POSTGAME ANALYST
FOR ORLANDO MAGIC BROADCASTS ON FOX SPORTS FLORIDA"

Should we be excited about this?

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

"RELEASE FROM FOX SPORTS FLORIDA: LISA LESLIE NAMED NEW PRE- AND POSTGAME ANALYST
FOR ORLANDO MAGIC BROADCASTS ON FOX SPORTS FLORIDA"

Can she play PG?