Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

That's why the Hawks and Jazz have had great success.

not sure if you're being facetious but yea the Hawks did have a good run of 10 straight years in the playoffs and Al Horford was there for all but one of those seasons. And if Hayward doesn't leave then the Jazz are a playoff team. I can't deny AG hasn't improved but like you, I don't think you can build around him. So I don't think he should be mentioned in the same breath as Horford and Gobert. 

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

not sure if you're being facetious but yea the Hawks did have a good run of 10 straight years in the playoffs and Al Horford was there for all but one of those seasons. And if Hayward doesn't leave then the Jazz are a playoff team. I can't deny AG hasn't improved but like you, I don't think you can build around him. So I don't think he should be mentioned in the same breath as Horford and Gobert. 

So getting kicked in the a** in the first round of the playoffs is okay? @Payton4thewin When I talk about a guy I would build a team around izs guys like Shaq, Hakeem... Kobe... but surely not AG.

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'd prefer we just start fresh. 

That's fair enough. Just putting it out there.. I'm actually undecided. If EP was willing to be a bench player he then becomes the best or one of the best back up PG in the league.

More than open to starting fresh also obviously 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

So getting kicked in the a** in the first round of the playoffs is okay? @Payton4thewin When I talk about a guy I would build a team around izs guys like Shaq, Hakeem... Kobe... but surely not AG.

Its going to be a pretty rough future as we continue to wait to build a team until the next top 10 player of all time shows up.  

• Like 1

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Its going to be a pretty rough future as we continue to wait to build a team until the next top 10 player of all time shows up.  

But mediocrity will not do it either.

10 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

But mediocrity will not do it either.

4 second round appearances and a trip to the ecf isn't mediocrity.  Its having a successful nba franchise.  

Shuffling between a 7 seed and out of the playoffs is mediocrity.  

Build around Gordon, Isaac, and future lotto pick. Try to rebuild value so the next superstar demanding a trade has us on his list of destinations.  

You have to build a team, having a player like Gordon is amazing. You keep him and continue to acquire players that are dynamic and have gravity. You can't shoot the moon out just because you don't see an Earth nearby. Some planets have multiple moons too. 

#Cosmordon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

4 second round appearances and a trip to the ecf isn't mediocrity.  Its having a successful nba franchise.  

Build around Gordon, Isaac, and future lotto pick. Try to rebuild value so the next superstar demanding a trade has us on his list of destinations.  

Wishful thinking, but Gordon and Isaac are not that kind of players.

29 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

You have to build a team, having a player like Gordon is amazing. You keep him and continue to acquire players that are dynamic and have gravity. You can't shoot the moon out just because you don't see an Earth nearby. Some planets have multiple moons too. 

#Cosmordon.

Great post!!

30 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

#Cosmordon.

thanks Carl Sagan.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Mediocrity is basically New Orleans.