Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I couldn't disagree more.  I see the opposite.  Dude is putting in the most effort.  He sets like 5 unscripted screens half the time both on and off ball to get other guys open.  

He was absolutely terrible the first few minutes he was in but that was typical bone headed plays.  Not effort.  

Watch his pace when he goes up and down the court, and when he’s making cuts on the offensive end.  He looks like he’s going half speed to me. 

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think that our players look lost because Vogel has no creativity on offense at all

I think they look lost, because they are lost!

Also it was nice when Gordon was dropping 40 points in wins but if he's going to get a stupid amount of shots even when he's playing poorly and not within the normal realm of a basketball game you can just disregard anything he does from now on. He's in Devin Booker territory.  He'll probably average 24ppg or something like that but that's fake production.  

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Also it was nice when Gordon was dropping 40 points in wins but if he's going to get a stupid amount of shots even when he's playing poorly and not within the normal realm of a basketball game you can just disregard anything he does from now on. He's in Devin Booker territory.  He'll probably average 24ppg or something like that but that's fake production.  

Plus his defense hasn't been up to par. He's too focused on one side of the ball. If he wants to be great, he needs to realize that the greats set the tone for every one else and greats play on both sides of the ball. 

Also making others better. I believe that will come in time but creating plays for others elevates the team.

Orlando Sentinel: As we talk now, the Magic have lost 22 of their last 26 games. Why is the team struggling?

Jeff Weltman: I would never want to lead off our session with an excuse, but I think any impartial observer would say, if you had to write the story of our season thus far, the headline is “Injuries.” We’ve had the second-most starting lineups of anybody in the league, and with a coach who I believe values consistency and putting guys in a place where they know when they come in games [the uncertainty is difficult]. Obviously, that part of the team has been a challenge.

OS: Was it a mistake to keep the team’s nucleus intact heading into the season?

Weltman: The goal coming into this season was to understand what we have: how our players play together, who we felt were more dominant personalities, dominant players, where people were on their different curves because every guy is at a different point in his career and understand the journey of each one of our players and understand how that all fits together. So I don’t think it’s a strategy to say “keep our team together.” It’s just we enter when we do and we try to understand what we have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Unless we attach an unprotected 1st, I think Biyombo and his ridiculous contract are pretty safe too.

Indeed :)

6 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

OS: Was it a mistake to keep the team’s nucleus intact heading into the season?

Weltman: The goal coming into this season was to understand what we have: how our players play together, who we felt were more dominant personalities, dominant players, where people were on their different curves because every guy is at a different point in his career and understand the journey of each one of our players and understand how that all fits together. So I don’t think it’s a strategy to say “keep our team together.” It’s just we enter when we do and we try to understand what we have.

A lot of these players have played with eachother for years. He couldn't evaluate that? 

• Upvote 1