Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

DSJ is pretty much as advertised, I'll admit. Hell look at Fultz. He can't even get on the floor as much as Isaac. Also. Did anybody think Donovan Mitchell would be AS good out of the gates as he's been. This years was a good draft and next years draft is pretty top heavy as well.

I called Mitchell steal of the draft after the summer league. He just has that it factor.  Same thing I see in Young. Ayton also looks like a beast.  I don't want bagley or porter. Injury prone and project players need to be avoided at all cost. 

24 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I called Mitchell steal of the draft after the summer league. He just has that it factor.  Same thing I see in Young. Ayton also looks like a beast.  I don't want bagley or porter. Injury prone and project players need to be avoided at all cost. 

I think the top 6 picks are very safe at this point. Looks like another solid draft.

22 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Who would you take over EP at that point in the draft?

Zach LaVine, Gary Harris (better defender than EP, so no, EP doesn't do everything else but scoring better), Jusuf Nurkic, Clint Capela: all guys who would definitely be better for us right now. Probably Rodney Hood. Maybe T.J. Warren, Dario Saric, or Bogdan Bogdanovic.

As far as point guards we could have had instead of him...

In 2014, we could have just stuck with Jameer. In 2015, Mudiay, who's not a lot worse than Payton and two years younger; in 2015 FA, we could have made a run at Reggie Jackson or Goran Dragic. We definitely could have gotten Jeremy Lin, Cory Joseph, probably could have gotten Darren Collison, or just re-signed Jameer; none of that would have been considerably worse than having to start Payton. In 2016, we could have traded for Jeff Teague or George Hill easily, which both would have been an upgrade; or we could have signed Lin. This past offseason, we could have drafted DSJ, which would have been better long-term. We could have gone after Darren Collison or Tyreke Evans, which would be better for us right now. So, yeah, it would have been hard to be in a better position at the PG spot (aside from drafting DSJ likely making us much better long-term). But I'd love to be in a situation where we were grooming a young guy like DSJ while Collison, Evans, or Hill starts, rather than now, where we're praying a PG is available through the draft coming up, as Elfrid is pretty clearly not a long-term starter on a good team and there just aren't good PGs available in FA anytime soon.

1 minute ago, jmmagicfan said:

And here it is - Elfrid Payton is blocked by his own hair. If I'm the coach I'm telling him to cut that overhang, or plan on being on the end of the bench. That thing is ridiculous, and from a purely professional standpoint, if it interferes with your game, it needs to go. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21936888

Yeah we talked about this two days ago

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah we talked about this two days ago

Missed that, haven't been on for about a week, and didn't see it when I scrolled through. 

The last 14 games he's played (when he started to get more touches on November 22nd) Gordon is averaging 20.4 ppg on 47/38/77 shooting with 8 rebounds and a block per game

17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

The last 14 games he's played (when he started to get more touches on November 22nd) Gordon is averaging 20.4 ppg on 47/38/77 shooting with 8 rebounds and a block per game

It is almost like he is pretty good...

Aaron Gordon-Kawhi Leonard-Paul George-Shawn Marion-Caron Butler-Kevin Durant Year 4 comparison

Obviously not a Durant level player, but he stacks up pretty well against all the rest, and he is the youngest 4th year player (minus Durant again).

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Simmons is killing the team over the past 7 games.  

On both sides of the court. Ball hog on one side, bad defender on the other.