Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

You always go after potential.  (I'd argue dsj had more potential but that's a different story) 

I just looked back at the 2014 draft. I really commend Henny for drafting AG, who virtually none of us saw as a good value. He was super raw but clearly had crazy upside and drive. He’s proven to be well worth that selection, imho.

Meanwhile, the plug and play guy we drafted in that draft based on need was EP. He had played multiple years of college ball and has yet to prove to be starter material in the league. Give me the guy with upside and drive every day of the week.

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Why are you making it one or the other. LM can play now, and he has potential to be better in a few years when he gets more game reps. same story with DSJ. Nobody is advocating taking a Wesley Johnson here. 

I don't like markkanen. 

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm also questioning why we drafted a defensive player instead of a shooter when we needed offense so bad. We can't keep trying to get defensive guys to cover Vuc's lack of defensive skills when we should just either move him to the bench or trade him. Yeah he scores a lot of points but how many points are net after what he allows?

You know Isaac can shoot the three right?

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I just looked back at the 2014 draft. I really commend Henny for drafting AG, who virtually none of us saw as a good value. He was super raw but clearly had crazy upside and drive. He’s proven to be well worth that selection, imho.

Meanwhile, the plug and play guy we drafted in that draft based on need was EP. He had played multiple years of college ball and has yet to prove to be starter material in the league. Give me the guy with upside and drive every day of the week.

AG has turned out to be a good pick.  Who would you take over EP at that point in the draft? ...Gary Harris maybe? At this point he's a slightly better scorer but EP does everything else better.  I don't know if there are many better back court options.  I'm not faulting anyone for missing on Jokic.  I think people are really underselling our current pg position.  We'd all like a better one but there aren't many out there who we could (have) realistically attain/ed.  

22 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Actually I was speaking of Mario, 3 years into his career, Isaac hasn't been playing enough to pass judgement on.

To be fair you did say it was a mistake to draft Isaac a couple pages back. 

29 minutes ago, King Close said:

Yes I did but I was referring to drafting him over DSJ. We needed a PG that could play now and still do. Did you see how many open 3s EP passed up last night? Hopefully management made the right choice and we get Young. I would love to see the rest of the season go just like last night and give us the best shot at a high pick. Great game to watch, guys played well, we lost. Perfect combo. 

7 hours ago, King Close said:

"One rookie that is starting to turn the corner is Dennis Smith Jr. In his last two games, he’s averaged 20.0 points, 7.0 boards, 8.0 assists, 1.0 steals and 4.0 treys. It’s only a two-game sample, but DSJ was unassisted in 76.9 percent of his makes and he had an 81.3 effective field goal percentage on his jumpers." https://sports.yahoo.com/stats-pizza-guy-back-184800354--spt.html

DSJ is pretty much as advertised, I'll admit. Hell look at Fultz. He can't even get on the floor as much as Isaac. Also. Did anybody think Donovan Mitchell would be AS good out of the gates as he's been. This years was a good draft and next years draft is pretty top heavy as well.