Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

All Isaac has over these other guys are the physical tools to one day do something. He’s not a deadly shooter like LM. He doesn’t have explosiveness to the rim like DSJ. He’s not in any way a polished scorer. Does he even have a go to move? Yes he can stay on the floor defensively but you can’t spend your top pick on a versatile defender! I’m not hanging on to this “most potential” talk it doesn’t mean anything to me. 

I'm also questioning why we drafted a defensive player instead of a shooter when we needed offense so bad. We can't keep trying to get defensive guys to cover Vuc's lack of defensive skills when we should just either move him to the bench or trade him. Yeah he scores a lot of points but how many points are net after what he allows?

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree 100%! Why are WE drafting guys that might have potential/maybe-hopefully can develop while other teams are drafting guys that are ready step in and play? I have to wonder if the teams that got great players with later picks got lucky or are they just better than us at evaluating talent???

Choosing play now guys over potential guys is a pretty good way to be fired as GM. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Choosing play now guys over potential guys is a pretty good way to be fired as GM. 

So is choosing guys with potential that never become anything near what the pick they wasted getting them should.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So is choosing guys with potential that never become anything near what the pick they wasted getting them should.

And you speak of Isaac has we are well into his career to make that determination.

3 months. That's all we have.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

And you speak of Isaac has we are well into his career to make that determination.

3 months. That's all we have.

Actually I was speaking of Mario, 3 years into his career, Isaac hasn't been playing enough to pass judgement on.

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Stop being obtuse. You're just on the wrong side of the Dwight vs Okafor debate again. 

You always go after potential.  (I'd argue dsj had more potential but that's a different story) 

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Actually I was speaking of Mario, 3 years into his career, Isaac hasn't been playing enough to pass judgement on.

Lately Mario has looked better than the 5 guys picked after him. 

20 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

True but a little too late. Maybe not getting extended woke him up?

maybe.  But we're also in a hypocritical area where we simultaniously lament not being patient enough with several players who are succeeding and being too patient with guys still on the roster. 

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

maybe.  But we're also in a hypocritical area where we simultaniously lament not being patient enough with several players who are succeeding and being too patient with guys still on the roster. 

LOL, that pretty much sums us up!

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Why are you making it one or the other. LM can play now, and he has potential to be better in a few years when he gets more game reps. same story with DSJ. Nobody is advocating taking a Wesley Johnson here. 

• Upvote 1