Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Id have to go find it might be this thread, maybe OPP, I posted i would love to have seen Mario Taking Ross spot int he starting lineup not promoting Simmons. At the time it would leave ross and Simmons as a 1&2 scoring punch off the bench with DJ. I got blasted by most everyone... Mario has always had good court vision and is a little turnover prone like Oladipo was his first 3 seasons... sometime forcing things to much. However i say the paints falling of the walls lets start Vuc, Gordon, Isaac, Hezonja, Payton.... Simmons, Fournier & DJ off the bench is a very excellent trio with Biz and Whoever #5

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is how much a team trust a player to run a play for him. How valuable this player is for a specific team. 

No.  It has no real measurement on value.  It's just "the percentage of plays a player uses while he's on the court"

Bringing usage up on a discussion of a players value has no meaning.  Its like responding to "what's your cars fuel economy?" with the answer "5 days a week". 

Usage is a small item that matters when you include the context of many other stats.  It matters more what a player does with that usage.  Also we might use usage to discount the differences in efficiency between a low usage player and a high usage player by recognizing the fact a low usage player would become less efficient as his usage increases because a low usage player can pick his spots better.  But usage alone has no context by itself

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Bringing usage up on a discussion of a players value has no meaning.  Its like responding to "what's your cars fuel economy?" with the answer "5 days a week". 

Usage is a small item that matters when you include the context of many other stats.  It matters more what a player does with that usage.  Also we might use usage to discount the differences in efficiency between a low usage player and a high usage player by recognizing the fact a low usage player would become less efficient as his usage increases because a low usage player can pick his spots better.  But usage alone has no context by itself

Sure. Just like you cant also use a stat to measure specific efficiency on a player when the team is struggling and plane simple bad.

i like measuring how efficent is a 911 porsche driving on ice roads. 

33 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Id have to go find it might be this thread, maybe OPP, I posted i would love to have seen Mario Taking Ross spot int he starting lineup not promoting Simmons. At the time it would leave ross and Simmons as a 1&2 scoring punch off the bench with DJ. I got blasted by most everyone... Mario has always had good court vision and is a little turnover prone like Oladipo was his first 3 seasons... sometime forcing things to much. However i say the paints falling of the walls lets start Vuc, Gordon, Isaac, Hezonja, Payton.... Simmons, Fournier & DJ off the bench is a very excellent trio with Biz and Whoever #5

I will love to see that rotation but I still think we need to go with something like: 

DJ/Fournier/Mario/AG/vuc

payton/simmons/Isaac/Biz

20 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure. Just like you cant also use a stat to measure specific efficiency on a player when the team is struggling and plane simple bad.

i like measuring how efficent is a 911 porsche driving on ice roads. 

But Dunn is contributing to that team struggling because of his poor efficiency you can't completely divorce him from that (nor should he carry more than his share of the blame). Just 12.9 ppg 4.8 rebounds and 5.2 assists isn't all that impressive on an 8 and 20 team.  Just like holidays 13.6 4.6 and 2 isn't that impressive on even worse shooting or Bobby Portis averaging 12.9 and 7. Its just a bad team and its anyone's guess as to whether it translates to any actual successful team.  

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Is it wise to even wait 10 more games? 

Yes.  

Because you're going to have to play Gordon and Isaac and if things go well you can't hold them out. You might as well go full force at that playoff birth.  

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Every team would love a two way guard who can put up 15-20 a night.  But those guys are rare and people just don't shop them around regularly.  

But I was assured when we traded Oladipo that players like him were a dime a dozen, while unicorns like Ibaka were pure gold...SMH

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes.  

Because you're going to have to play Gordon and Isaac and if things go well you can't hold them out. You might as well go full force at that playoff birth.  

Wonder how long AG is out for?

When you say 10 days, you mean before trades happen as well right?

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Wonder how long AG is out for?

When you say 10 days, you mean before trades happen as well right?

Not necessarily.  You line up trades and see what is out there regardless just 10 games before you commit to a direction.  If you got a great rebuilding trade offer now you take it.  If you got a great contending trade you take it. But you're 10 games away from starting to consider just taking what you can get for guys who won't be here long term.  

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

So what do we do at this point? What direction do we take and how do we get there?

It seems that playoffs are about out of the equation, again!

give Mario AG and JI as many minutes as they want to develop them and make some trades 

• Like 1