Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That makes no sense.  People are aware he exists.  Playing well or poorly has no effect on anything yet

Makes a lot of sense.

If I'm a coach and I'm watching this young 7 footer block shots, hit threes and rotate out on and laterally defend guards in person, it's going to be even more enticing.

People know he exists but seeing him compete against you live in person is another story.

Its speculation I admit but it's not out the of the realm of possibilities.

Edit: Nevermimd. We played Portland before.

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Makes a lot of sense.

If I'm a coach and I'm watching this young 7 footer block shots, hit threes and rotate out on and laterally defend guards in person, it's going to be even more enticing.

People know he exists but seeing him compete against you live in person is another story.

Its speculation I admit but it's not out the of the realm of possibilities.

Edit: Nevermimd. We played Portland before.

It's one of those things where we're just being overly cautious at every step so if he screws up his foot again the training staff can't be blamed.   ready to start light duty work? Wait another week.  A week of light duty work before moving to full contact action? No, make that two weeks.  Went through full duty contact and ready to play? Sit another few days. 

35 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's one of those things where we're just being overly cautious at every step so if he screws up his foot again the training staff can't be blamed.   ready to start light duty work? Wait another week.  A week of light duty work before moving to full contact action? No, make that two weeks.  Went through full duty contact and ready to play? Sit another few days. 

Yeah I just usually find there's more than one reason why stuff happens.

Hey, it wasn't a bad theory.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I still wish we could get McCollum

So, if Portland does decide to move McCollum, where should they move him too? They need a team that gives Portland young assets and preferably a first-round draft pick. Teams will be interested, but not all teams have the resources to make it happen. Here are two trades that the Blazers should look into.

The Orlando Magic get C.J. McCollum.

The Portland Trail Blazers get Evan Fournier, Elfrid Payton, Mario Hezonja, and a first-round draft pick.

This trade works for both teams. Orlando finally gets a star guard. Portland receives a solid wing in Fournier, a good back up point guard in Payton, Hezonja is a former lottery pick, who still has some potential, plus they get a first-round pick. The Trail Blazers remain competitive, get more depth, become more versatile and get an extra pick. This trade is an excellent way to make a big move without tanking.

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4684859/why-the-portland-trailblazers-should-trade-c-j-mccollum/

• Upvote 1

Here's why: 

Portland is currently a playoff team.  Portland doesn't need to blow anything up

Portland is a good defensive team so they don't need to look at the lillard mccollum pairing as a fatal flaw.  

They have the bones of a great team.  Just need to find another forward and a bench wing and they have a pretty nice rotation

say you trade Gordon, EP, and Terrence Ross for CJ. they get future 4, backup point guard, and temporary fill in for SG. I don't see them taking Fournier (Evan Turner) or Vucevic (Leonard, and Nurkic about to paid soon) so it doesn't leave much else. Any interest? 

Given our circumstances and lack of scoring guard to take over games, I'd do it. We are only 5 games out of the 8th seed. Say we trot a lineup of like CJ-Fournier-Vucevic, I think that's enough offense between them for Isaac and others to feed off and play defense. 

Hey everyone- let’s please stop proposing deals that will likely make us both worst currently and in the future- truly yours- a decently intoxicated Odin.