Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

Hey, he gets like one great pass to Biyombo a game (seriously, how does he suck so much when he flashes so much talent at times?)

I'm still trying to figure it out myself...

Here's a post from realGM that should make some of you smile.

I wanted to share an anecdote from the game last night. I had great seats (7th row right behind Thunder bench). I am hesitant to share as I am Vuc neutral (underrated passer and post player on a solid contract, but also inconsistent effort and somehow has forgotten how to rebound and cannot seem to raise his arms on defense half the time) but I know this will be fodder for those on this board who seem to have an irrational hate of Vuc that should only be explained by him sleeping with their Moms or something. That said here's what I saw that I doubt made the TV cameras as it was away from the action.

Near the end of the game, once we had built the big lead and Russ hit a few shots and we gave up a number of offensive rebounds that led to 2nd chance points, Vogel sent Biyombo to the scorer's table to check in while Vuc was in the lane waiting for a free throw attempt by the Thunder (so Vuc did not notice Biyombo head over). It was obvious that with the time left that defense was more important as at that point we simply needed to hold on and Vuc had just given up several offensive boards and fouled on a layup And-1. So, when Vuc turned around to run down court after the make and the ref blew the whistle to sub in Biyombo and Vuc realized he was coming out with like 3 minutes left in the game, he visibly and demonstrably threw his arms up in the air out wide and said something in a very frustrated way right to Vogel and pointed at Biyombo - then he sulked his way to the bench and threw a towel. It was just a way more confrontational reaction than I am ever used to seeing in public on a court between a player and coach - especially when the sub was warranted based on strategy and lack of performance.

To sum it up - I really don't think some of these players buy into Vogel and his coaching decisions and they also all feel threatened by each other even at critical parts of the game. Just wanted to share it as it was an interesting peek into the dysfunction I feel is running rampant on this team - even when we win.

25 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That was a great listen.

That's exactly what I saw. Not just 40 points, but comes out and d's up Westbrook, then grabs a board, initiates a fast break and makes a great pass, then d's up George, then posts up and nails a turnaround fade away, can you imagine what he could be in 3-5 years?

I'm so glad he's a RFA. 

I'm so glad we have him AND Isaac, were gonna have a pretty sick core man. Unqiue.

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

You'd think Vic would be smart enough to get the strategy, hopefully Vic helps you get a lead then biz helps you maintain it. Simple enough, no?

15 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Mario my boy this is you moment.. This really could be his defining moment.. It's all or nothing time for him now 

plays Rocky theme.

Honestly, I still believe in Mario and we kinda need him to be the bad ads player he forecasted as being. If nothing else he should hit open threes and help swing the ball. hes got the skills for both

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Good insight from that guy but of course there are vuc apologists on real gm. I feel like the guys on real gm watch the games but have no idea what they're actually seeing.  Dude doesn't realize that this isn't an example of overall team dysfunction, he IS the dysfunction. 

And how can you still sit here and suggest his passing and post game in any way make up for all the other bad things he acknowledges. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Wow I didn't see that. 

I did see Fournier's face and body language after the game ended.

Those two are very toxic. 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Wow I didn't see that. 

I did see Fournier's face and body language after the game ended.

Those two are very toxic. 

I feel they feed off of one another. By themselves they probably wouldn't be as bad.

• Upvote 1

I'm feeling chatty today...

One of the things that bothers me the most about this post-Dwight era is the lack of creativity from our coaches. We barely try new stuff and lineups. It would be understandable if we were winning games, but we've always been something between mediocre and terrible.

Most teams try different stuff and even adjust their starting 5 depending on the matchups, like the Celtics, Nets, Grizzlies etc.

I don't pretend to have the answers, but I'd really love to see us try some different lineups. Like Isaac at Center for a few minutes, or Vuc and Payton leading the bench, making our team more balanced, not just the starting 5.