Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Ben Simmons set an all-time NBA record in the Wizards vs Sixers  game by attempting 24 free throws in the 3rd quarter alone - most in a single quarter

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Sometimes I wonder what would of happened if we got Dwight back instead of Biz... Just a thought. 

I mean on one hand Dwight has looked good.  

On the other hand Zach Lowe said Atlanta players were literally cheering that he was no longer on the team.  Not sure that bodes well for locker room chemistry

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

I mean on one hand Dwight has looked good.  

On the other hand Zach Lowe said Atlanta players were literally cheering that he was no longer on the team.  Not sure that bodes well for locker room chemistry

Yeah I get that.. If that was the case then damn.. But I always just think what if he came back instead of Biz.. But such is life.. He has looked good. That dunk tonight on Ibaka was prime D12. 

"We're tired of losing. Nobody likes to lose like that. We're tired of it. I know everybody in the organization's tired of it. So we just want to change that around. It started tonight. Hopefully, we can keep it going." -D.J. Augustin

I was happy to see how good Payton can be if he puts some effort. Hopefully there was some phoenix scout at the game last night. 

Maybe we can send him there in exchange of Either Len, Chriss or Bender. That should create the foundation for a f/u Vuch trade. Maybe to Detroit for Jackson. 

22 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I was happy to see how good Payton can be if he puts some effort. Hopefully there was some phoenix scout at the game last night. 

Maybe we can send him there in exchange of Either Len, Chriss or Bender. That should create the foundation for a f/u Vuch trade. Maybe to Detroit for Jackson. 

Jackson's playing well for them now I don't think he's on the market anymore

2/3 of our wins are by 13+ points.  

7/13 losses are by 12+ points

Weirdly high variance.  Atypical for below average teams.  I'm not implying that this is some hidden stat to say we're good.  It's possible this has more to do with three point volume. Its just interesting.  

On  Lowe's podcast the other day with Jeff van Gundy they were talking about how 16 point leads aren't a big deal anymore because a team can cut that to 7 in a minute. How commentators need to adjust because a three early in the forth quarter to push a lead to 14 isn't a big shot anymore.  

I think that basic idea applies to our win/loss profile too. 

The change to a 3 pt dominated game has really made a difference in close games that turn into blowouts quickly. The average 3 pt attempts has skyrocketed in the last ten years. I would bet that its close to the amount of 2 pt attempts now. Really changes the dynamics. I am not sure players mindsets have changed that quickly yet. When they are down by double digits, do they realize that it's still a close game?

Btw i think we have a good enough sample now to say Gordon is at least a solid three point shooter. He'll have a month where he shoots 25%. He's not going to finish the year shooting 44%. But we needed him to hit 34-35% and he should have no problem getting that