Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Don’t give up hope yet.  Now we’re 1-9.  Lose to the Thunder and Golden State and we could be a lofty 0-11. 

I bet we probably do lose both.

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If that's the case, I also think the Augustin signing was to compliment the Biz signing, as there's no way the Payton we know can play with Biz over long stretches. Now we have multiple underwhelming assets. 

The Augustin signing was always to be a back up.

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If that's the case, I also think the Augustin signing was to compliment the Biz signing, as there's no way the Payton we know can play with Biz over long stretches. Now we have multiple underwhelming assets. 

The Augustin signing was entirely because we needed a backup point guard and we lacked shooting and ft attempts and he was good at both.  Same reason we signed green

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't see the point in firing Vogel. I'm not sure what obtainable coach does the job better

We probably just need a bunch of trades. You said the date where we can trade newly signed players is coming up pretty soon, no?

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't see the point in firing Vogel. I'm not sure what obtainable coach does the job better

I think it was mostly tongue in cheek because the Memphis coach was fired at 2-8.  I totally agree with you about Vogel.  How many coaches do we need to fire before people realize it isn’t the coach (other than Vaughn, who was terrible)?

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think it was mostly tongue in cheek because the Memphis coach was fired at 2-8.  I totally agree with you about Vogel.  How many coaches do we need to fire before people realize it isn’t the coach (other than Vaughn, who was terrible)?

People like me are frustrated with Vogel because dude is trying the same old stuff that clearly isn’t working. Or he makes a

head-scratching line up change instead of what’s clearly obvious to everyone here. 

16 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

People like me are frustrated with Vogel because dude is trying the same old stuff that clearly isn’t working. Or he makes a

head-scratching line up change instead of what’s clearly obvious to everyone here. 

Or he preaches ball movement after AG drops 41 but is quiet when Vuch drops 41 and Fournier tries his Curry imitation with no defensive passion.

Hes a part of the problem atm

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Or he preaches ball movement after AG drops 41 but is quiet when Vuch drops 41 and Fournier tries his Curry imitation with no defensive passion.

Hes a part of the problem atm

Yea he is!  What about assistant Chad forcier he worked under pop  

I personally don’t think we should fire Vogel or really even consider it at this point, but losing creates its own momentum. At some point, if you lose more than say 15 in a row, the pressure builds to fire the coach no matter who it is. 

48 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

The Augustin signing was entirely because we needed a backup point guard and we lacked shooting and ft attempts and he was good at both.  Same reason we signed green

So Henny’s grand plan was to have this lineup last year, assuming Vooch was traded?

PG: Payton, Augustin 

SG: Fournier, Hezonja 

SF: Gordon, Green

PF: Ibaka

C: Biz

No wonder he was fired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

I personally don’t think we should fire Vogel or really even consider it at this point, but losing creates its own momentum. At some point, if you lose more than say 15 in a row, the pressure builds to fire the coach no matter who it is. 

15 seems like the historical precedent