Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

At the same time, he isn't really the problem right now.

I don’t necessarily agree. I think there’s a direct correlation between us keeping Vooch in the starting lineup to try and balance out Payton’s offensive inefficiencies.

11 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You know what the scary thing is about Payton? He's actually shooting well.  But he's still not very impactful.  That's not good

No he's not. He doesn't even look like a PG let alone a starter some nights. He's just a warm body.

I seriously believe his projection is a career backup.

• Like 1

Seriously guys? It's the eye test, just like Vuch. We have known for years about Vuch. He provides scoring on a team that needs it, he has some good advanced stats as well.    But he does not contribute to winning, never has.He is a bad team stat guy, we always knew it!

Same could be said with Elfrid. And most have said this for years, really since the beginning. Just to use some examples from other discarded players. With Oladipo posters mentioned his shot, his ability to draw fouls and some boneheaded plays. However most agreed he might outgrow it or improve. Same thing  with Harris. Some disliked that he was really a combo forward, no true position.Others worried that he could't co-exist with Gordon or play defense as a 4.

In both cases i don't remember anyone mentioning lack of hustle or heart. With Vuch and Elfrid i have been hearing the same things about them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!

This makes me wonder if Gm's actually see a different game then we do.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t necessarily agree. I think there’s a direct correlation between us keeping Vooch in the starting lineup to try and balance out Payton’s offensive inefficiencies.

I mean Payton has been better offensively recently than Vuch, so not sure if that holds water.

And I guess it would be more correct to say that Payton is not a main problem. 

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

I mean Payton has been better offensively recently than Vuch, so not sure if that holds water.

And I guess it would be more correct to say that Payton is not a main problem. 

Yeah, I’m not doing a good job explaining myself. I think the two are tied at the hip in our system, meaning Payton’s game historically limits him to playing with bigs that can shoot. I honestly believe that’s one of the reasons we haven’t moved on from Vooch, because it seems we still aren’t ready to move on from Payton.

27 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Seriously guys? It's the eye test, just like Vuch. We have known for years about Vuch. He provides scoring on a team that needs it, he has some good advanced stats as well.    But he does not contribute to winning, never has.He is a bad team stat guy, we always knew it!

Same could be said with Elfrid. And most have said this for years, really since the beginning. Just to use some examples from other discarded players. With Oladipo posters mentioned his shot, his ability to draw fouls and some boneheaded plays. However most agreed he might outgrow it or improve. Same thing  with Harris. Some disliked that he was really a combo forward, no true position.Others worried that he could't co-exist with Gordon or play defense as a 4.

In both cases i don't remember anyone mentioning lack of hustle or heart. With Vuch and Elfrid i have been hearing the same things about them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!

This makes me wonder if Gm's actually see a different game then we do.

I mean its one thing to look at vucevic a few years ago and say ok  he's 25. He pretty much is who he is at this point.  There's not going to be any revolutionary changes in his game after this.  

It's another thing to look at Payton and say that.  The concerns were always there but you just don't know if it means anything until enough time has passed.  It was "oh.  You can barely tell he's in this summer league game.  That's not a good sign. It might mean nothing.  It might mean everything.  No way to tell right now". Well its getting to be that time now.  

Now watch he's probably still hurt from that injury and he'll play fantastic for three consecutive months once he's healthy.  

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yeah, I’m not doing a good job explaining myself. I think the two are tied at the hip in our system, meaning Payton’s game historically limits him to playing with bigs that can shoot. I honestly believe that’s one of the reasons we haven’t moved on from Vooch, because it seems we still aren’t ready to move on from Payton.

I think the only reason we still have vucevic is "he's a solid scorer.  He can help a team.  Other teams aren't offering anything substantial for him.   Let me just wait things out to see if a center gets injured. Can't let him go for nothing"

The biyombo signing signaled we'd be moving away from vucevic.  We couldn't get any takers.  

There were draft rumors suggesting we were heavily shopping vucevic.  Nothing.  

Its not a strategy thing.  Its an asset management thing.  

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think the only reason we still have vucevic is "he's a solid scorer.  He can help a team.  Other teams aren't offering anything substantial for him.   Let me just wait things out to see if a center gets injured. Can't let him go for nothing"

The biyombo signing signaled we'd be moving away from vucevic.  We couldn't get any takers.  

There were draft rumors suggesting we were heavily shopping vucevic.  Nothing.  

Its not a strategy thing.  Its an asset management thing.  

If that's the case, I also think the Augustin signing was to compliment the Biz signing, as there's no way the Payton we know can play with Biz over long stretches. Now we have multiple underwhelming assets. 

On 11/27/2017 at 5:19 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

So they were 1-9 last ten. We are 2-8. Dammit if we just lost one more game. Frank would be gone. Lol

Don’t give up hope yet.  Now we’re 1-9.  Lose to the Thunder and Golden State and we could be a lofty 0-11.