Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Maybe but it’s nothing irrational or out of place. Yes he has improved every season, yes his 3pt shooting is up this season, yes he is a good overall defender. But this is our top selection, our potential future face of the franchise! If you give him that money, he becomes the de facto leader. And I don’t feel comfortable giving him that responsibility. In my eyes he hasn’t earned enough accolades, or clearly distinguished himself from his peers. 

He has clearly distinguished himself. He has worked so hard and as you well said, he has improved his overall defense skills and shooting range. He is a smart kid, good teammate and probably a good leader. 

Remeber that he has played out of position and with 4 different coaches during his the first few years. 

This is the first year he started playing in the Power forward position with the same coaching staff as last year. 

He is doing very well so far. 

25 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We can do all the talking you want,” center Nikola Vucevic said afterward. “If it doesn’t transfer on the court, it doesn’t matter. I think the talking is past due. It expired. It’s time for actions

Translation:

"I don't want to answer your questions. I want shots. No I'm not going to defend. Where Hedo? I want pizza. It's lunch time."

37 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Maybe but it’s nothing irrational or out of place. Yes he has improved every season, yes his 3pt shooting is up this season, yes he is a good overall defender. But this is our top selection, our potential future face of the franchise! If you give him that money, he becomes the de facto leader. And I don’t feel comfortable giving him that responsibility. In my eyes he hasn’t earned enough accolades, or clearly distinguished himself from his peers. 

Thats presumptive.  Is Fournier our leader now? Biyombo? I honestly don't know who our leader is.  That's probably a problem

Previously jameer was pretty much undisputedly our leader for his entire tenure here and was never our highest or second highest paid player (once was third). Fun fact, Dwight was never our highest paid player.  

Wonder if the Sixers would give us Fultz and some of their worst contracts for Fournier, Vuc and a future 1st rounder. That could give them even more shooting and depth to attack the playoffs, while we would get our PG of the future.

Something like Amir Johnson (when he's eligible to be traded), Bayless and Fultz for Vucevic, Fournier and 1st rounder (2021 or later)

42 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Wonder if the Sixers would give us Fultz and some of their worst contracts for Fournier, Vuc and a future 1st rounder. That could give them even more shooting and depth to attack the playoffs, while we would get our PG of the future.

Something like Amir Johnson (when he's eligible to be traded), Bayless and Fultz for Vucevic, Fournier and 1st rounder (2021 or later)

They wouldn't

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I guess gasol pulled a "him or me"

Yeah that's exactly what I think happened which is ridiculous. Fizdale did what every coach would do and it's not like he does that all the time.