Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

His defensive effort was bad for like 3 games. It was fantastic last night.  

You're crazy

I imagined you typing this with the accent of Nacho's wrestling partner in Nacho Libre. Lol

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Because its just frankly dumb to be having this conversation.  There's no value to "cheaper" right now.  He's 22 so he fits the same rebuilding path as isaac. Isaac is significantly more valuable long term as a guy who is part of a collectively long and switchable team.  Otherwise teams will scheme him out of plays like they do with kawhi. That's if he's even anything more than a solid player.  

It just shows a lack of understanding of what we're trying to do long term.  Its myopic with a thought toward Monday with no considerations to the next 6 years

Yeah it is a dumb conversation.

Not only from the points you raise, but Hammond just came out saying this about Gordon:

“You look at a guy like that and say, ‘He’s one of those guys as you move forward with, that you got to have,'” Hammond said. “And we feel that way.”

He's not going anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yeah it is a dumb conversation.

Not only from the points you raise, but Hammond just came out saying this about Gordon:

He's not going anywhere. 

Yeah if I had a buck every time a GM said something like that and that stuck.

I don't think it's anymore dumber than to think Vuch will net us some decent piece in a trade or Mario or that some star player will sign with us when we're on pace to duplicate last years record.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah if I had a buck every time a GM said something like that and that stuck.

I don't think it's anymore dumber than to think Vuch will net us some decent piece in a trade or Mario or that some star player will sign with us when we're on pace to duplicate last years record.

You have nothing to back you up but pure speculation. It doesn't make any sense. 

Payton4thewin has precedence and you have a quote right there. To argue against it is purely for the reason of just wanting to argue right now. 

We have no reason to believe that we aren't extending Gordon this summer. Unless he gets seriously injured or takes a huge unprecendented nose dive, it's gonna happen. 

having an athletic four that can guard multiple positions and stretch the floor is a must have player, if you have a young one with upside, you keep him. that's essentially what Hammonds saying. to argue against that doesn't make sense both in our team structure and the way the entire league is headed

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

You have nothing to back you up but pure speculation. It doesn't make any sense. 

Payton4thewin has precedence and you have a quote right there. To argue against it is purely for the reason of just wanting to argue right now. 

We have no reason to believe that we aren't extending Gordon this summer. Unless he gets seriously injured or takes a huge unprecendented nose dive, it's gonna happen. 

I never understood why certain people don't read but quote.

It would make conversations so much easier to have.

I said it was speculation. I said I had a suspicion as well. Those two words are pretty easy to understand.

So I would like to know everybody's opinion on how we save this season. It's not lost yet. But it needs to change NOW!  Playoffs or bust. Or just blow it all up and stay in lottery hell for the next, who knows how long. 

I believe this team needs to make it to the playoffs or at least have a winning record this year for our young players to start to believe in themselves and this team. How do we get there, right now I am at a lost. And can't imagine how the players feel. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

So I would like to know everybody's opinion on how we save this season. It's not lost yet. But it needs to change NOW!  Playoffs or bust. Or just blow it all up and stay in lottery hell for the next, who knows how long. 

I beieve this team needs to make it to the playoffs or at least have a winning record this year for our young players to start to believe in themselves and this team. How do we get there, right now I am at a lost. And can't imagine how the players feel. 

I don’t think it’s salvagable realistically ...don’t know what we can do that will actually make a difference this season. 

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

What if he demands a max contract?  Is Gordon good enough to be the main piece of a team?  So far I'm not seeing it.

I think it's hard to predict how all this will unfold.  We do need to be really careful before saddling ourselves with a good but not great player under a max contract for multiple years.

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What if he demands a max contract?  Is Gordon good enough to be the main piece of a team?  So far I'm not seeing it.

I think it's hard to predict how all this will unfold.  We do need to be really careful before saddling ourselves with a good but not great player under a max contract for multiple years.

Depends on how he plays the rest of the season.  Probably worth it