Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I concur with your analysis Magicman. It seems AG is bugged about something. I can see Frank not jumping on players like Mo for not switching or boxing out every time as there are different expectations from a situational player like him; it would be nice if he did, but you know what your getting with him, he’s not a starter for a reason. I’m also not sure AG is as good as he thinks he is. If we get the right package I would trade him while he still may have people out there that think he’s Allstar potential. It’s possible, but not guaranteed, that’s why he didn’t get extended. Sell high! Issac plays the same position and I think he will play within himself. AG sometimes thinks he’s LeBron. 

I mean AG has a point. Vuch, Fournier, EP, all have moments, especially Vuch, where they should've been yanked. Maybe Frank is holding him to a higher standard. AG is a much better defender than he has been.

I just don't think AG's comments while were right, wasn't the right time or way to say it. 

The value combined with the drafting JI is what makes me wonder the most though.

Looking at the big picture, not only did our tank not fully work, but we misused a lot of the assets we had accumulated (e.g. Harris, Dipo and Sabonis). Not sure about you guys, but I sure would like Sabonis playing center for us right now with his grit and rookie contract. Instead, we have people like Ross, Augustin and Biz on our roster, and we have several below average starters.

The bottom line is Henny bet wrong with his asset evaluation and trades, and I believe that’s set us back at least three more years. I hope we have the courage to call a spade a spade and hold a fire sale. To me we have two transcendent caliber players, and that’s AG and Isaac. The rest can go.

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Speculating but 

We drafted Issac...He can play the 3/4. Doesn't demand shots. Cheaper. AG is probably our most valued player when it comes to trades and last nights comments was a dig at Frank imo.

Not saying I agree we should trade him but it's possible.

He fits exactly what we want to build. We're not trading Gordon

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Talking of trading Gordon Is ASININE. He is going absolutely nowhere. Ridiculous silly talk.. He is not the problem!!! 

He kinda has been the last few games. He's taken some bad shots instead of moving the ball and his defensive effort has taken a backseat.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He kinda has been the last few games. He's taken some bad shots instead of moving the ball and his defensive effort has taken a backseat.

His defensive effort was bad for like 3 games. It was fantastic last night.  

You're crazy

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

His defensive effort was bad for like 3 games. It was fantastic last night.  

You're crazy

It's been inconsistent. His shot selection has been meh at times.

My other points though aren't crazy. They're logical.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

It's been inconsistent. His shot selection has been meh at times.

My other points though aren't crazy. They're logical.

No.  You're way off base

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

No.  You're way off base

So Isaac won't be cheaper? Think that's true. Isaac doesn't play the 3/4? Think that's also true. AG is more valued in trades than anyone else? Please tell me where those points are off base?

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

So Isaac won't be cheaper? Think that's true. Isaac doesn't play the 3/4? Think that's also true. AG is more valued in trades than anyone else? Please tell me where those points are off base?

Because its just frankly dumb to be having this conversation.  There's no value to "cheaper" right now.  He's 22 so he fits the same rebuilding path as isaac. Isaac is significantly more valuable long term as a guy who is part of a collectively long and switchable team.  Otherwise teams will scheme him out of plays like they do with kawhi. That's if he's even anything more than a solid player.  

It just shows a lack of understanding of what we're trying to do long term.  Its myopic with a thought toward Monday with no considerations to the next 6 years

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Because its just frankly dumb to be having this conversation.  There's no value to "cheaper" right now.  He's 22 so he fits the same rebuilding path as isaac. Isaac is significantly more valuable long term as a guy who is part of a collectively long and switchable team.  Otherwise teams will scheme him out of plays like they do with kawhi. That's if he's even anything more than a solid player.  

It just shows a lack of understanding of what we're trying to do long term.  Its myopic with a thought toward Monday with no considerations to the next 6 years

lol it's a thought based on some logical points. That's all. Relax your ego.