Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Right now if nothing changes today we might have an avenue for a max contract in the summer of 2019 even with a huge contract for Gordon.  

Deng and Clarkson remove just over another 15 million from that cap space.  Not worth it for that level of player

And see we need to keep ourselves in position to acquire a legit talent rather it's through a trade or signing a free agent.

Any move we make here on out should be one that nets us a for sure baller.

3 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I’m ready to take Deng. Biyombo is like a G league player. How is Deng doing this year?

That's short term thinking that doesn't make us a whole lot better and severly dampens our long term abilities to get to the next level.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's short term thinking that doesn't make us a whole lot better and severly dampens our long term abilities to get to the next level.

I’m interested to see what this new Management will do from here. Their decision thus far has been pretty solid.

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

I’m interested to see what this new Management will do from here. Their decision thus far has been pretty solid.

I’d beg to differ. Their decision not to get a starting caliber pg via the draft is gonna haunt us. 

10 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I’m ready to take Deng. Biyombo is like a G league player. How is Deng doing this year?

Biyombo is actually doing ok lately.  Guys have shot 29% against him these last 5 games.

The recent improvement brings his interior defense to 50% for the year.  That's really good.  For reference its almost identical to Hassan Whiteside.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’d beg to differ. Their decision not to get a starting caliber pg via the draft is gonna haunt us. 

That's yet to be determine. DSJ has had some solid games and he has had some stinkers.

If Isaac becomes legit, it was a gamble that paid off big time. If not they will be grilled for taking him in a PG loaded draft.

I'd like to know what plan b is if EP isn't in the future plans because that does look bleak.

16 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I was a little dissapointed when we passed on Smith Jr but I am liking so far our selection. Perhaps this is the year for us to go all in on a PG. I dont see us keeping Payton as our future PG. 

2018 free agent PG class is decent:

jeff teague, tyreke evans, Bradley, CPaul, jeremy Lin. 

I think getting  either Evans or Teague should be our priority. 

It will be interesting to see what we do with trades this year. I will wait my judgement on this administration until I see their first trade move.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I was a little dissapointed when we passed on Smith Jr but I am liking so far our selection. Perhaps this is the year for us to go all in on a PG. I dont see us keeping Payton as our future PG. 

It will be interesting to see what we do with trades this year. I will wait my judgement on this administration until I see their first trade move.

Bradley is not a pg and I don't like any of those options for us.

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's yet to be determine. DSJ has had some solid games and he has had some stinkers.

If Isaac becomes legit, it was a gamble that paid off big time. If not they will be grilled for taking him in a PG loaded draft.

I'd like to know what plan b is if EP isn't in the future plans because that does look bleak.

I think this new management is high on length and bidirectional players.  The culture just didn't fit with DSJr. With the product we are now seeing in Milwaukee and Toronto, I still think there are long term strategic plans by this management.  Iwundu and Birch are young players that fit this mold, and are currently being developed.  Curious:  Could Iwundu be groomed as a PG?  I read he played some PG in college. 

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We have no money to offer

Well, the MLE but that's it

4 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I think this new management is high on length and bidirectional players.  The culture just didn't fit with DSJr. With the product we are now seeing in Milwaukee and Toronto, I still think there are long term strategic plans by this management.  Iwundu and Birch are young players that fit this mold, and are currently being developed.  Curious:  Could Iwundu be groomed as a PG?  I read he played some PG in college. 

And that's fine but you can have tunnel vision on specific ability or abilities and lose sight of just pure raw talent.

I dunno about Iwundu as a PG. Yeah he played some in college I believe and that's a possibility but odds say yeah right.