Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I think the undisputed ones are curry, Durant, harden, giannis, porzingis, Davis, LeBron if you could guarantee 3 years of good play.  

Westbrook is questionable.  

I think Gordon might be jimmy butler ish 

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think the undisputed ones are curry, Durant, harden, giannis, porzingis, Davis, LeBron if you could guarantee 3 years of good play.  

I agree with the comparison to Jimmy Butler in that Butler is a combo wing and Gordon is a combo forward and that right now they aren't good enough to be the best players on a championship winning team but Gordon has room for growth and I personally think Butler is maxed out. 

Would you not do a Westbrook for Gordon straight up?

7 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

I agree with the comparison to Jimmy Butler in that Butler is a combo wing and Gordon is a combo forward and that right now they aren't good enough to be the best players on a championship winning team but Gordon has room for growth and I personally think Butler is maxed out. 

Would you not do a Westbrook for Gordon straight up?

I think its undisputed that Westbrook is a better individual player.  I'm just not sure if he's anything more than the evolutionary Iverson.  Poor defense.  He can win games by himself but I'm not sure, with the way he plays, if you could win a game where Westbrook doesn't have an above average game.  

28 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Also kyrie. 

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think its undisputed that Westbrook is a better individual player.  I'm just not sure if he's anything more than the evolutionary Iverson.  Poor defense.  He can win games by himself but I'm not sure, with the way he plays, if you could win a game where Westbrook doesn't have an above average game.  

Westbrooks shot selection at times is poor and he needs to work on getting other players on his team involved more but I'd personally take Westbrook. Having watched Westbrook play a few times last season and a couple of games this season I wouldn't say his overall defense is bad but he tends to gamble a lot which could be by design (most likely not knowing what he's like lol) and tries to play the passing lanes for steals and crash the glass for rebounds.

58 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I’d add Kyrie and Towns to your list... and probably Klay

5 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

I’d add Kyrie and Towns to your list... and probably Klay

Towns hasn't developed like he should have so far.  

Klay is more of an elite role player.  Not sure he can do what he does by himself

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Towns hasn't developed like he should have so far.  

Klay is more of an elite role player.  Not sure he can do what he does by himself

Yeah, those are names you’d just have to really think about. I think it is safe to say that Aaron and Giannis are the two best of that draft class. Credit to Hennigan for that one 

12 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Yeah, those are names you’d just have to really think about. I think it is safe to say that Aaron and Giannis are the two best of that draft class. Credit to Hennigan for that one 

Giannis wasn't in that class.