Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Guy on reddit mentions that it could be because players don't want additional TOs on the stat sheet -- this could be the rationale.  Seems like it would be easy enough to not count the stat in these situations, but then again the NBA has never adopted a common sense stat like "heaves" so that 75-foot buzzer beaters aren't counted as 3PA. 

Could also just be a cultural thing I suppose resulting from the relative lack of soccer exposure in the US. 

OR

Maybe it's a good thing this isn't done b/c perhaps this is what helps encourage some of the flopping in soccer.  Imagine someone milking an injury late in a playoff game knowing that the other team would be somewhat obligated to abort their fast break.

34 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Guy on reddit mentions that it could be because players don't want additional TOs on the stat sheet -- this could be the rationale.  Seems like it would be easy enough to not count the stat in these situations, but then again the NBA has never adopted a common sense stat like "heaves" so that 75-foot buzzer beaters aren't counted as 3PA. 

Could also just be a cultural thing I suppose resulting from the relative lack of soccer exposure in the US. 

OR

Maybe it's a good thing this isn't done b/c perhaps this is what helps encourage some of the flopping in soccer.  Imagine someone milking an injury late in a playoff game knowing that the other team would be somewhat obligated to abort their fast break.

I think after the first offensive rebound they should have stopped the game

I found a better comp for Fournier than ginobili.

Allan Houston

Edit: or i should say an Allan Houston that plays in an era that knows midrange shots kill your efficiency.  If you go back and watch Houston games his style of play is similar to Fournier.  

Prime ginobili was throwing behind the back passes in traffic from the paint to guys on the three point line

Also, had i known we'd have a big three on  offense this year and a legitimate 6th man of the year candidate i wouldn't have preferred smith to Isaac.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Let the speculation begin

Wouldn't RJ go against the way we play?

And if Bledsoe stays healthy him and Bradley would be a tough backcourt.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Wouldn't RJ go against the way we play?

And if Bledsoe stays healthy him and Bradley would be a tough backcourt.

Yeah i don't want him.  Just wanted to talk about it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1