Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I don't really understand the thinking on this:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2017/11/01/simmons-may-be-more-effective-as-a-starter/

I like Simmons as the first guy off the bench. It's nice to have a player like him to provide firepower and tough D off the bench. He's still top 5 on the team in minutes and he tends to be in the game at the end of games. 

8 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I don't really understand the thinking on this:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2017/11/01/simmons-may-be-more-effective-as-a-starter/

I like Simmons as the first guy off the bench. It's nice to have a player like him to provide firepower and tough D off the bench. He's still top 5 on the team in minutes and he tends to be in the game at the end of games. 

He is also a bit of a ball hog, which is fine off the bench where you need a guy to score, but our starting five generally does a good job sharing the ball around.

34 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Many nba people have suggested that Payton is going to screw up our offense.  

I don't know.  Dude might live at the rim

Maybe but if he's not capable of hitting a shot, defenders will just sag off and take away his driving ability.

28 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Payton shot is better.. 

That remains to be seen, though it did show promise in the first couple games. We'll see once we have a bigger sample size. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe but if he's not capable of hitting a shot, defenders will just sag off and take away his driving ability.

He could just attack the defender.  The spacing is there now to just take a guy 1 on 1. 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Today is one of those beautiful days when both my Orlando Magic and FC Porto play. Big wins coming, hopefully

Stop bragging! I have to watch my team play on Thursday nights now :( But hopefully Porto's result is a pre cursor for Orlando's!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Stop bragging! I have to watch my team play on Thursday nights now :( But hopefully Porto's result is a pre cursor for Orlando's!

Yes, just came here to brag about our win, even if it was tougher than the score shows. I think we'll beat Memphis with or without Conley

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yes, just came here to brag about our win, even if it was tougher than the score shows. I think we'll beat Memphis with or without Conley

Gasol may be out as well.