Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Anyone that’s trying to act like they’re excited for Sampson is lying to themselves. That would be about the most boring and unimaginative  coaching hire ever. 

I'm actually really excited, he's a good coach that understands how to teach fast up tempo controlled offense and the intricacies of multifaceted defensive scheme in both man to man and larger team approach

15 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I feel like our management team are a bunch of hipsters that love to make moves just because they're outside the box. Sometimes it'll work, other times it won't.

yeah I totally don't get that vibe. I think they just understand the oceans and skies better than we do. most of us are just chilling on the buoys

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Anyone that’s trying to act like they’re excited for Sampson is lying to themselves. That would be about the most boring and unimaginative  coaching hire ever. 

I guess you never heard of Jacque Vaughn then, Jacque was the most boring and unimaginative hire ever

4 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I guess you never heard of Jacque Vaughn then, Jacque was the most boring and unimaginative hire ever

At least he had a cool name and wasn’t 63. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

And look how that turned out

We tanked much better with Vaughn. I’d bring him back on a 2 year contract. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Mario Hezonja joined twitter and it's truly amusing

Very. Wish I knew how to embedd tweets on here. 

Do you think he stays?

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Very. Wish I knew how to embedd tweets on here. 

Do you think he stays?

Each tweet has a unique link. You have to copy that and just paste it. Give it a few seconds to embed

HdvIDmu.png

And I do think Hezonja loves being here. He talks about Orlando and his teammates with a lot of enthusiasm. Unless he gets a ridiculous offer I think he stays

• Like 1

Atlanta Hawks Get: D.J. Augustin, Bismack Biyombo, No. 6 pick in 2018 NBA draft

Orlando Magic Get: Dennis Schroder, Nos. 19 and 30 picks in 2018 NBA draft

Now that the Atlanta Hawks have the No. 3 pick this year and increased their chances of landing a top-tier prospect, they can be even more willing to part with their later selections. The Nos. 19 and 30 picks are quite valuable in a class as talented as this one, which means they could be paired with an established starter to jump significantly higher in the pecking order. 

Of course, Dennis Schroder isn't helping the cause. 

He's cleansed his social-media outlets of any references to the Hawks. The 24-year-old said that he "cannot be second-to-last in the Eastern Conference" during the prime of his playing career, per international basketball reporter David Hein. He's even said he could see himself playing for the Indiana Pacers or Milwaukee Bucks, as if he's put together the type of career that allows him to pick his next landing spot with such ease. 

Unfortunately for Schroder, his team wasn't second-to-last in the East. His Hawks were dead-last. These statements and actions might be diminishing his trade value and making it tougher for Atlanta to part with him for pennies on the dollar quarter. 

But the Orlando Magic may be here to save the day. They're still in search of their franchise point guard after giving up on Elfrid Payton and shipping him to the Phoenix Suns midway through the 2017-18 campaign. 

With Aaron Gordon about to cost a lot more (assuming the front office decides to match any offer sheet he signs as a restricted free agent), the onus is on Orlando to win now. It can't keep floundering away, and the allure of an established starter in Schroder and two first-round picks might be too much to pass up. 

That's especially true if the Hawks use their cap space advantageously, realizing they're not a primary free-agent destination and have plenty of rotation members operating on rookie deals. They can afford to absorb Bismack Biyombo's contract, which could pay the defense-first big man $17 million each of the next two years (he has a player option for 2019-20). They can even take back one more contract if that's a sticking point. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775957-5-realistic-trades-after-the-results-of-2018-nba-draft-lottery#slide4

I don't like Schroder, and his contract is 1 year longer than Biz.  Rather try to hit a home run with pick #6.