Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Malik Buttface said:

Bud to the Bucks

I love that. Will be interesting to see what he does with a superstar. His Hawks team was great but had nothing close to a superstar

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I love that. Will be interesting to see what he does with a superstar. His Hawks team was great but had nothing close to a superstar

Very good move for the Bucks.

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I hate this organization. I really do. I know it's premature and all but this organization just consistently disappoints.

I'm ready for new ownership.

that is a little too extreme. No coach has been hired yet. I think we can wait to make a judgement on new management after free agency. Lets see what moves they do and dont do before making a judgement. Like you said, It is premature and I know you dont hate this organization. 

If we hire Sampson with some big up and comer as his lead assistant with the plan that Sampson lays the ground work and the younger coach takes over in 3 or 4 years maybe? I'm clutching at straws a little here.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If we hire Sampson with some big up and comer as his lead assistant with the plan that Sampson lays the ground work and the younger coach takes over in 3 or 4 years maybe? I'm clutching at straws a little here.

That doesn’t really happen ever

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

His teams have made the NCAA tournament in 13 out of 29 seasons. One Final Four in 29 seasons.  No one has really had any interest in him as an NBA head coach during his entire career. Better snatch him up before all those NBA teams realize he’s still alive! 

i'm not sure where you are seeing that but this page says differently? Also, how do you know he's not had interest as an NBA head coach? 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

He'd be a great coach in 2004. Dude combines being old with a lack of NBA coaching experience and Eric Gordon blames him for *****ing up Indiana's locker room

Obviously this is just a rumor but this board is in love with guys like Stackhouse and Nurse and all these other assistants who have way, way less experience as a head coach. But when a name comes up that has lots of head coaching experience it's some other issue or excuse. I'm not defending Sampson but at the same time I won't dismiss him because he's not considered (by the media) as the next cool head coach. 

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

i'm not sure where you are seeing that but this page says differently? Also, how do you know he's not had interest as an NBA head coach? 

Was I off by a number?  What is so different?

Anyone that’s trying to act like they’re excited for Sampson is lying to themselves. That would be about the most boring and unimaginative  coaching hire ever.