Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I'll go on record saying it's completely stupid to re-sign Gordon. 

A) He's isn't a difference maker in the slightest. 

B) This team needs to completely rebuild. Signing AG and paying him a ton of money to lose here the next couple of years is dumb. 

What needs to happen is we completely bottom out and and actually lose the correct way the next 2 years. Trade Vuch and Fournier for whatever, second round picks--Doesn't matter. If we can get 2 top 4 picks the next 2 years to add to Issac and whichever guy we draft this year--we might finally have something. I would find big minutes for guys like Birch and other G-League or second round guys. Maybe try to find a young guy who might be worth a flier on a new team.

But if we continue on the road we are on--picking 5-11 every year--we'll literally never get out of this rebuild. 

Gordon does nothing to make me think we have to keep him around. Overrated defender. Poor shooter. Can't create his own offense consistently. Can't pass. Takes poor shots. Erratic with the ball in his hands. We have no clue how he fits next to Issac. At the very least I know Issac is going to be an elite defender who can guard 5 positions. 

Although I agree with you, the team around him has been absolute garbage. They dont fit his strengths or weaknesses. 

I guess I am the only one who would like to see Gordon re-signed but not at a max contract though but I do not think Magic has a choice to re-sign Gordon at a max contract if Magic thinks Gordon is the player to build around with 

I want Gordon here. Trade Fournier and Vuc for whatever you can, don't really care what.

Gordon has a lot of potential and has proved to be able to improve from season to season. Obviously has a long way to go but I'm slightly optimistic

26 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I'll go on record saying it's completely stupid to re-sign Gordon. 

A) He's isn't a difference maker in the slightest. 

B) This team needs to completely rebuild. Signing AG and paying him a ton of money to lose here the next couple of years is dumb. 

What needs to happen is we completely bottom out and and actually lose the correct way the next 2 years. Trade Vuch and Fournier for whatever, second round picks--Doesn't matter. If we can get 2 top 4 picks the next 2 years to add to Issac and whichever guy we draft this year--we might finally have something. I would find big minutes for guys like Birch and other G-League or second round guys. Maybe try to find a young guy who might be worth a flier on a new team.

But if we continue on the road we are on--picking 5-11 every year--we'll literally never get out of this rebuild. 

Gordon does nothing to make me think we have to keep him around. Overrated defender. Poor shooter. Can't create his own offense consistently. Can't pass. Takes poor shots. Erratic with the ball in his hands. We have no clue how he fits next to Issac. At the very least I know Issac is going to be an elite defender who can guard 5 positions. 

Bad opinions are bad

9 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I guess I am the only one who would like to see Gordon re-signed

Pretty much everyone has said they want Gordon re-signed except for HeHateMe and maybe another couple.

Is English your 2nd language? Because it comes across that you are a troll in most of your posts but I can see how you might not be if English is your 2nd language.

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Phoenix

If PHX offers AG max money, I'd have a hard time getting on board matching to keep him.  It would feel like overpaying.  Sort of like we are paying for what he might become rather than for what we know he brings.  

Just now, 0rland0fan said:

If PHX offers AG max money, I'd have a hard time getting on board matching to keep him.  It would feel like overpaying.  Sort of like we are paying for what he might become rather than for what we know he brings.  

Yes, but it's a risk you gotta take, given our situation

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Phoenix

Is it worth it though? They eventually will have to sign booker, Jackson, and whatever rookie they select this year. They might offer, but the max idk

Just now, J-Mac said:

Is it worth it though? They eventually will have to sign booker, Jackson, and whatever rookie they select this year. They might offer, but the max idk

Yes. Their big man situation is a **** show, Gordon would easily be the most talented. They will also throw a max at Capela to see if something sticks

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yes, but it's a risk you gotta take, given our situation

I would feel better doing that if we can shed other "less desirable" contracts.