Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

How do you guys think Ross will go next season? I think before he got injured he was playing great basketball, his 3pt shooting % was way down, which is obviously not a good thing, but other than that I thought he was really good, covered Paytons man when it was a tough matchup. Spread the floor, competed and played good D. I think if he was shooting an inflated 3pt % like Gordon, Vuc and Fournier at the start of the season (or even just his average) he would have been putting up great numbers and one of our most important players.

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

How do you guys think Ross will go next season? I think before he got injured he was playing great basketball, his 3pt shooting % was way down, which is obviously not a good thing, but other than that I thought he was really good, covered Paytons man when it was a tough matchup. Spread the floor, competed and played good D. I think if he was shooting an inflated 3pt % like Gordon, Vuc and Fournier at the start of the season (or even just his average) he would have been putting up great numbers and one of our most important players.

Not too optimistic.  He’s another guy who I think tries to do too much when there isn’t a definite go-to guy. 

On 4/23/2018 at 4:45 AM, The Boss said:

He'll be alright for whatever team we trade him to. Given the few games he played at the end of the season it's clear our FO wanted to show the other 29 teams that he was healthy heading into the summer. If there isn't a good deal this summer he will probably be gone by the deadline given his expiring contract and value to a playoff contending team (which I don't expect we'll be next year).

I would like to see us keep T Ross, especially if we find a reasonable trade for Vucevic and/or Fournier. I think he could be a valuable piece for the team going forward, especially if we end up drafting Young. At 27, T Ross should be just entering his prime; he is normally a decent 3 and D type of guy. I think quite a bit of our early success last year was due to his defense on the wing. I think Simmons is much better suited to be a 6th man coming off the bench for instant energy/change of pace role.  

Ok..bench role player. Likely be a trading piece.

trade Ross at the deadline if not sooner, to a team looking for a wing. OKC, HOU, maybe the blazers. He needs to be healthy though and that's a concern. 

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

trade Ross at the deadline if not sooner, to a team looking for a wing. OKC, HOU, maybe the blazers. He needs to be healthy though and that's a concern. 

I think that is why he played a couple of games at the end of the season - to give management a little more time to evaluate, and to show the rest of the league he is recovered. I don't think we move him unless we get a pretty good offer - no second round pick a la Payton. As I said, I think he can play a good role for us if we don't get a good offer and decide to keep him. 

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

I think that is why he played a couple of games at the end of the season - to give management a little more time to evaluate, and to show the rest of the league he is recovered. I don't think we move him unless we get a pretty good offer - no second round pick a la Payton. As I said, I think he can play a good role for us if we don't get a good offer and decide to keep him. 

I would absolutely trade him for a 2nd round pick...He's an expiring contract I don't think you can get much more than that. 

I haven't been impressed in his 1.5 seasons here. Simmons fills his role and does it cheaper. What role do you see him in if you want to keep him?