Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

True, I guess, but people could see Oladipo had the potential to be great some day when he was here. Some of the amazing games he had here were really special. Hennigan really should have seen that. We basically have Aaron Gordon and a few bad contracts to show for his tenure(although us maybe losing Mario isn't on him).

I agree I always believed in Dipo and said he could be our Wade up until we traded him

4 hours ago, jjgator said:

Cavs get thoroughly destroyed by Pacers. I'm happy seeing Dipo doing so well, but it just sucks thinking what could have been. Hennigan really looks like a complete buffoon.

And the secondary story would be Lebron James.  Two questions?  If Pacers knock out Cavs in round 1 (and it is early and one game only) what is the % that Lebron stays with the Cavs?  2nd question is what is his final destination?

On 4/14/2018 at 4:06 AM, CTMagicUK said:

If we let AG go I'll be pissed. We already did the whole "spend years developing a guy to let him go and watch him become a star" I can't go through that again. I miss Dipo. Man Hennigan really screwed us over in his last season. 

The problem is that this only looks at one side of the equation.  Yes, we let Dipo go when we should have kept him, and are watching him thrive with another team.  But we’ve also made the opposite error of keeping players around longer than we should have, probably including Payton and Vuch, and they’ve arguably retarded our development.  If we sign Gordon to a contract that turns out to be for more than he’s worth and he doesn’t improve the way people are hoping, he could become untradeable. We already have other players like that on our team.   There are risks either way and they all need to be considered. 

what kind of offer should the team make for Leonard? I think he’s as good as gone in SA. I don’t even think he’s injured either, just that he hates SA and wants out. I think Gordon and Isaac, really it’s not a terrible offer. If you look at their history Spurs like to have stretch bigs. Gordon can slot next to LMA immediately and they can develop Isaac in the background. Pop would hold AG accountable and he would be better for it too. We can also offer salary relief with either Ross or Vucevic, depending on how they feel about Danny Green, Murray, and Anderson. Even if we take back Mills it wouldn’t cripple us. We can still sign Leonard to the max and try to move Augustin and Biz with picks to clear space for next offseason. 

4 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

what kind of offer should the team make for Leonard? I think he’s as good as gone in SA. I don’t even think he’s injured either, just that he hates SA and wants out. I think Gordon and Isaac, really it’s not a terrible offer. If you look at their history Spurs like to have stretch bigs. Gordon can slot next to LMA immediately and they can develop Isaac in the background. Pop would hold AG accountable and he would be better for it too. We can also offer salary relief with either Ross or Vucevic, depending on how they feel about Danny Green, Murray, and Anderson. Even if we take back Mills it wouldn’t cripple us. We can still sign Leonard to the max and try to move Augustin and Biz with picks to clear space for next offseason. 

I would resign Gordon and then offer the Spurs a packet with Isaac and our 1rd pick. Maybe we could do a 3-team deal like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y889x2jl

Would definitely be a "win now move" and i would only do it if you are 100% sure Leonard is healthy.

4 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

If we blow up the team to sign kawhi he's going to leave after next year.  

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

I would resign Gordon and then offer the Spurs a packet with Isaac and our 1rd pick. Maybe we could do a 3-team deal like this:

Would definitely be a "win now move" and i would only do it if you are 100% sure Leonard is healthy.

No way I'd offer that. 

An resign AG OR Isaac,  Fournier etc. Not both AG and Isaac and our 1st rounder.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

No way I'd offer that. 

An resign AG OR Isaac,  Fournier etc. Not both AG and Isaac and our 1st rounder.

He didn’t include AG in that trade 

3 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I don’t hate this AG Leonard and Kemba would be an awesome core.