Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's going to be great when Gordon and mario join Oladipo in Indiana and blossom into a eastern conference power for the next 6 years

And they can join with Sabonis too and we rename the Pacers Orlando Magic light!!!!!!  Do they get to wear the Disney logo too!!!!

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

He's has cut it finally!! Dudes about to become the best 3 and D .. defensive PG in the NBA looool

I don't know how much it will help his D but I know for sure being able to see the basket will improve his shooting. There is a reason that guys that wear baseball caps playing at the park wear them backwards.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's going to be great when Gordon and mario join Oladipo in Indiana and blossom into a eastern conference power for the next 6 years

... If this happens I might actually cry.

7 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Well then just let him go. He isn’t worth the price and probably as big a part of the bad culture as Payton Vuc and Fournier

Prepare to be disappointed.  Sounds like the same argument used when Shaq left and we see how that went.  In theory very few are worth the price but that is what the market dictates.  Now Gordon is not Shaq so he is not worth a max contract but Gordon is 22 years old with improving stats every year and that is playing with our team!  He is listed as the 7th best FA agent available this year by NBA experts who think he is worth the price.  In today's NBA he is valued in the $22-27 million range!   If he and Mario both go we are back to total rebuild!  Been there for the last 5 years and I am not interested in going back!

How likely is it we can keep Mario? What contract can we actually offer him now? I'm sure this has already been discussed pages and pages ago so sorry.

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

How likely is it we can keep Mario? What contract can we actually offer him now? I'm sure this has already been discussed pages and pages ago so sorry.

We can offer him a contract starting at 5.2ish year 1. 

The thought process is we offer  him a two year 10.7 million contract with the second year being a player option so he has security plus the ability to go after another contract next year.  

Other teams can offer him any contract.  The problem is every team has a 8.6 million mle if they're not a tax team or a 5.3 million room exception. 

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Prepare to be disappointed.  Sounds like the same argument used when Shaq left and we see how that went.  In theory very few are worth the price but that is what the market dictates.  Now Gordon is not Shaq so he is not worth a max contract but Gordon is 22 years old with improving stats every year and that is playing with our team!  He is listed as the 7th best FA agent available this year by NBA experts who think he is worth the price.  In today's NBA he is valued in the $22-27 million range!   If he and Mario both go we are back to total rebuild!  Been there for the last 5 years and I am not interested in going back!

Shaq was ROY, 4 time all-star, MVP runner up who took the team to the NBA Finals.

AG has some cool dunks.

20 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Shaq was ROY, 4 time all-star, MVP runner up who took the team to the NBA Finals.

AG has some cool dunks.

The shaq example is bad but Gordon is more than dunks. 

Potentially overpaying Gordon doesn't really hurt us as much as not paying Gordon would hurt us. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The thought process is we offer  him a two year 10.7 million contract with the second year being a player option so he has security plus the ability to go after another contract next year.  

Other teams can offer him any contract.  The problem is every team has a 8.6 million mle if they're not a tax team or a 5.3 million room exception. 

Can we sign him to a 1 year contract with a wink? He said he wants to be here and he does know how much we can pay. To quote myself from earlier, how many millions does a kid really need?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Hmmmm yea. Can see a team giving him the MLE. I think a 1+1 with a player option like you suggested is basically our only chance to keep him.