Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Either way, it does present another possibility for Gordon. I wish we still had 7 days to match. That time frame used to really discourage teams from signing RFA's to an offer sheet. Now that it doesn't tie up your cap space as long it could make a huge difference in the number of RFA's getting offers this off-season. Is it now 72 hours, or did they drop it again? 

yeah it's 3 days

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

The only problem with that is the potential for having a disgruntled player on your roster. I don't think Aaron is necessarily that type, but you never know. 

I don't know, if you really lowball someone he's bound to get a little offended no matter who he is.

12 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I don't know, if you really lowball someone he's bound to get a little offended no matter who he is.

You offer something team friendly but not insulting.  Like 20m/year and go from there 

Holy ****!!! Milwaukee and Miami had the same record, and Milwaukee "lost" the tiebreaker. The pick was protected 1-10 & 17-30. If it fell between 11-16 it would have gone to Phoenix and the tiebreaker decided that Milwaukee would keep the pick, hitting that 17th spot!

Phoenix also has the rights to Miami's pick so they'll get the 16th pick, but they could have had the 16th + the 17th had the tiebreaker gone the other way.

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I say let Gordon go. Get what you can in a sign and trade

Sign and trade virtually impossible due to NBA rule below concerning restricted free agents:

If a team matches an offer sheet and retains its free agent, then for one year they cannot trade him without his consent, and during that year cannot trade him at all to the team that signed him to the offer sheet. They also can't trade the player in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 92). A restricted free agent's resulting contract (whether with the new team or the contract is matched by the player's prior team) cannot be amended in any manner for one year.

If we let AG go I'll be pissed. We already did the whole "spend years developing a guy to let him go and watch him become a star" I can't go through that again. I miss Dipo. Man Hennigan really screwed us over in his last season. 

42 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Sign and trade virtually impossible due to NBA rule below concerning restricted free agents:

If a team matches an offer sheet and retains its free agent, then for one year they cannot trade him without his consent, and during that year cannot trade him at all to the team that signed him to the offer sheet. They also can't trade the player in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 92). A restricted free agent's resulting contract (whether with the new team or the contract is matched by the player's prior team) cannot be amended in any manner for one year.

Well then just let him go. He isn’t worth the price and probably as big a part of the bad culture as Payton Vuc and Fournier