Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Then I think the advantage we have is that extra year we can offer. I am sure he will rather secure a 5 year at around 22 mills per year contract instead of the 4 and 100 He can get with another team. 

Gordon doesn't really have a choice. Who cares what he rather have. Offer what we are comfortable with and match if he turns down.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They won't miss any of the renounced guys. 

Oh and yeah, you just lose the benefits of rights

For Phoenix I was specifically looking at the Qualifying offer for Alex Len, which they would have to renounce to make room to pursue Gordon. 

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Gordon doesn't really have a choice. Who cares what he rather have. Offer what we are comfortable with and match if he turns down.

The only problem with that is the potential for having a disgruntled player on your roster. I don't think Aaron is necessarily that type, but you never know. 

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

For Phoenix I was specifically looking at the Qualifying offer for Alex Len, which they would have to renounce to make room to pursue Gordon. 

Phoenix doesn't want Alex Len

Actually, my biggest concern is if Philadelphia doesn't get the Lakers pick, because it goes to the Celtics if it's 2 or 3. Without that cap hold for #10 they can now renounce their exosting free agents and make a run at Gordon. Even if they just renounce Reddick and Johnson, they could still make that run at him, and without a top #10 pick this year, why wouldn't you? Yes, Reddick has had a decent year, but he's 33; Gordon is 22 and more in line with your team's prime. 

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Would be nice to offer Gordon a decreasing salary

It would be nice, but I doubt it would happen. You usually see that in older players on the downside of their careers, not a 22 year old heading toward his prime. And if his agent let him sign that kind of contract, he should be fired.

6 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Actually, my biggest concern is if Philadelphia doesn't get the Lakers pick, because it goes to the Celtics if it's 2 or 3. Without that cap hold for #10 they can now renounce their exosting free agents and make a run at Gordon. Even if they just renounce Reddick and Johnson, they could still make that run at him, and without a top #10 pick this year, why wouldn't you? Yes, Reddick has had a decent year, but he's 33; Gordon is 22 and more in line with your team's prime. 

Indiana is going to have close to 60 million

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Indiana is going to have close to 60 million

Are you sure? It looks to me like they only have about $13M if they renounce Stephenson and J Young. I suppose renouncing the Non-Guaranteeds of Collison, Bogdonovic, Poythress, Anigbogu, and Jefferson would get them to about $35M. I can't see a way for them to get to $60M, but $35M is bad enough. Thanks for adding to my worry list! 

42 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

The only problem with that is the potential for having a disgruntled player on your roster. I don't think Aaron is necessarily that type, but you never know. 

Ehhh he gets paid handsomely either way. I can't see him being upset since he would actually be agreeing to the contract offered by the other team. We should be more worried about the overall amount not the years offered. 

16 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Are you sure? It looks to me like they only have about $13M if they renounce Stephenson and J Young. I suppose renouncing the Non-Guaranteeds of Collison, Bogdonovic, Poythress, Anigbogu, and Jefferson would get them to about $35M. I can't see a way for them to get to $60M, but $35M is bad enough. Thanks for adding to my worry list! 

They can get to something like 55m if Joseph and Thad young opt out

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

They can get to something like 55m if Joseph and Thad young opt out

Either way, it does present another possibility for Gordon. I wish we still had 7 days to match. That time frame used to really discourage teams from signing RFA's to an offer sheet. Now that it doesn't tie up your cap space as long it could make a huge difference in the number of RFA's getting offers this off-season. Is it now 72 hours, or did they drop it again?