Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

So who is ready for another year of this next season? 

Our season has been the offseason for the last few years . Our season start with the lottery selection followed by the draft followed by the free agency.  

• Like 1

Robbins asked a good question

@cb1115 oh wow Robbins just straight up asked if someone above Weltman (Martins) could veto his hire

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Our season has been the offseason for the last few years . Our season start with the lottery selection followed by the draft followed by the free agency.  

truer words have never been typed on here +1

5 hours ago, magicblue said:

Fixed (because no one else cares). And you're right there are more pro-tank comments because we should have lost out and secured a top pick

So you’re afraid of a few dissenting voices?  There is absolutely no doubt that we’ve had the worst six year stretch in Magic history, with no end in sight, because of Hennigans decision to get rid of any decent vet, and try to rebuild around mostly mediocre young players. A very high risk strategy. It failed and here we are.  You can continue to defend it and ridicule anyone who disagrees with you but unfortunately for you it won’t change reality. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Absolutely correct and it needs to end. 

Excited to say our new era of Magic Basketball is titled:

"You Got To Take Your Medicine"

- Jeff Weltman

(honestly i love this as I know it takes patience and time to build anything sustainable and I relish in every strategic maneuver from our new front office, they have my sign of approval)

Magic President of Basketball Operations Jeff Weltman would not discuss Gordon’s upcoming free agency in detail.

“We face a few free-agent issues, and obviously Aaron would be at the top of that list,” Weltman said. “I can’t comment too deeply on that other than to say Aaron has a lot of potential. He’s a hard worker. And we will have substantive talks with his agent. Whether we can get something done, we’ll see. But I know that he wants to be here and we’d like to keep him.”

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Magic President of Basketball Operations Jeff Weltman would not discuss Gordon’s upcoming free agency in detail.

“We face a few free-agent issues, and obviously Aaron would be at the top of that list,” Weltman said. “I can’t comment too deeply on that other than to say Aaron has a lot of potential. He’s a hard worker. And we will have substantive talks with his agent. Whether we can get something done, we’ll see. But I know that he wants to be here and we’d like to keep him.”

aka were not over paying borderline rising stars players, did he play in the rookie sophomore games??

26 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

aka were not over paying borderline rising stars players, did he play in the rookie sophomore games??

Hope I am wrong but I have a nervous feeling we don't match or sign and trade him. Ideal situation would be less than max obviously.