Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not sure I like stackhouse. His g-league teams have a similar profile to late 90s early 00s teams. Slowest pace.  High offensive rebounds.  Bad offense.  Best defense.  Give up threes in d. Don't foul. Force turnovers.  

This probably isn't a legitimate way to look at things but it's something to keep in mind

Maybe the offense thing isn't fair.  Last year it was better.  But slow pace. Few fast breaks.  Offensive rebounding.  That's a thing

8 minutes ago, JamminJ21 said:
7 minutes ago, JamminJ21 said:

"I’m going to keep watching the Orlando Magic. That is the difference between you and me. You probably enjoy good basketball. I enjoy something very different. I enjoy the Orlando Magic."

Tugs at the heart strings, and I'll be right there with him watching until we are good again...someday.

2 minutes ago, JamminJ21 said:

"I’m going to keep watching the Orlando Magic. That is the difference between you and me. You probably enjoy good basketball. I enjoy something very different. I enjoy the Orlando Magic."

Tugs at the heart strings, and I'll be right there with him watching until we are good again...someday.

On a recent podcast Kevin Clark pronounced DJs last name as Ay-gust-in.

Excuse me if I don't believe he watches a lot of magic games.  

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe the offense thing isn't fair.  Last year it was better.  But slow pace. Few fast breaks.  Offensive rebounding.  That's a thing

My impression was that Stackhouse was a good developer more than anything. Helped develop the Toronto bench and whatnot. Losing a lot of those guys may be why the production took a hit this year? Idk am I way off in this? Honestly not sure

7 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

My impression was that Stackhouse was a good developer more than anything. Helped develop the Toronto bench and whatnot. Losing a lot of those guys may be why the production took a hit this year? Idk am I way off in this? Honestly not sure

This is the tough thing.  We can't really quantify that.  

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Agreed.  The tanking needs to stop.  Lets start building a team and not stay stuck in a holding pattern hoping for good luck.

I will take Philly's good luck 100% of the time.  Don't look now they are in 3rd place, riding a 15 game winning streak, much of that with Embiid out of the lineup.  Tanking is not the only reason but it was the integral part of their plan.  On the other hand we have never tanked, last night being a perfect example.  I agree with your 2nd statement but THE league does not agree, evidenced but it's "sorry excuse" for a solution starting next year.  

20 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If Mario leaves (or even if he stays) we should throw some money at Will Barton. We need players that can create from the 2-3 spot

We have 8.6 million ish to spend.  That's not enough for barton