Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

@wojespn 

Sources: Another candidate Knicks planning to contact: Jerry Stackhouse, coach of Toronto G League affiliate.

The Magic's search could include such candidates as Toronto Raptors assistant coach Nick Nurse, San Antonio Spurs assistants James Borrego and Ime Udoka, Portland Trail Blazers assistant David Vanterpool, Utah Jazz assistant Igor Kokoskov, and Toronto 905 G League coach Jerry Stackhouse, league sources said

via Woj in his post about Franks firing

Good riddance... If the fans on a message board can see things like giving Mario meaningful minutes, moving VUC to the bench and starting Ibaka at Center with AG at the 4 at least once, yo-yoing players in and out of the line up etc. Plus throw in the fact that he most likely was all in on the Oladipo trade and Byombo signing to try and duplicate the defensive team he had in Indy.

I really like the idea of Stackhouse, Mark Jackson or a established college coach.

2 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Mark Jackson

I just can't imagine why anyone ever suggests this.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I just can't imagine why anyone ever suggests this.

I like him as a coach. He's hard nosed but also seems to be a players coach as well.

2 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

I like him as a coach. He's hard nosed but also seems to be a players coach as well.

Lacob said he fired him because he refused to work with ownership regarding his staff.  He had a quote that he fired him because of organizational consensus, which he clarified as "not just the team and the 15 players and coaching staff.  I mean everybody.  There's 200 employees here".

He rallies his team with religious rhetoric (probably not a great strategy in the first place), then admits to an affair with a stripper.

His team got substantially better when he left and his system was replaced.

There is no reason Mark Jackson should be a coaching candidate in 2018.

Dwane Casey & Quin Snyder were my favorite coaches this season. Gotta command Brad Stevens as well, and probably some other guys that I'm forgetting.

I think D'Antoni has fixed some of his flaws but we can only know for sure in the playoffs

Not sure I like stackhouse. His g-league teams have a similar profile to late 90s early 00s teams. Slowest pace.  High offensive rebounds.  Bad offense.  Best defense.  Give up threes in d. Don't foul. Force turnovers.  

This probably isn't a legitimate way to look at things but it's something to keep in mind