Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Told ya all last night via woj. I was trolling in the game thread but new it was coming.

Fresh start i am glad for that. 

Wish Frank the best.

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Really torn about firing Frank. He was terrible here and certainly had his issues but Jesus Christ can we get some stability around here?!?!

No that is not allowed. Lol. We b magics 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Really torn about firing Frank. He was terrible here and certainly had his issues but Jesus Christ can we get some stability around here?!?!

This is basically how I feel.

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He was not terrible. He was just the coach of a terrible team. 

Again, it could have been Popovich and the outcome will likely be the same. The roster, the injuries etc.. 

He cant be at fault.  I am not a big fan of his but to justify our disastrous season on him is unfair. 

I am more bothered by the fact that our new managmemt gave away our late first round pick to the LA last year for basically nothing  and also the fact that they didnt picked up on Hezonja contract. 

Why people here not giving our new management enough of a hard time on those two major mistakes in less than a year. I am not even counting the Isaac over Smith pick as it is to early to evaluate. 

I am not that high with this new manangement group like others are here. 

I am giving them 2 more years. 

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm fine with it. Hated his lineups, his offense, and his handling of Mario.

He was the one that played Mario the Most. I think management was the one who screwed Mario the most.

He was gone before last night result.

in my opinion last night was probably the worst Win in Magic history. Only someone who is clueless to the process would be happy about last night.

But is is what it is. 

Time for the front office to put their stamp all over the franchise from the top to bottom. 

Wish Frank the best. Tough spot but hey he is paid millions and millions and life goes on.

He will be back as head coach for a team if he wants it by the summer.

I am glad management is not playing any games and done it almost immediately. tip of the hat.

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He was not terrible. He was just the coach of a terrible team. 

Again, it could have been Popovich and the outcome will likely be the same. The roster, the injuries etc.. 

He cant be at fault.  I am not a big fan of his but to justify our disastrous season on him is unfair. 

I am more bothered by the fact that our new managmemt gave away our late first round pick to the LA last year for basically nothing  and also the fact that they didnt picked up on Hezonja contract. 

Why people here not giving our new management enough of a hard time on those two major mistakes in less than a year. I am not even counting the Isaac over Smith pick as it is to early to evaluate. 

I am not that high with this new manangement group like others are here. 

I am giving them 2 more years. 

Frank's management of players/minutes/rotations was baffling at times.

The "draft flattening out" thing was dumb, but has become overblown.  That kind of stuff happens every year with teams trading late first/early second round picks.  Not a defining blunder IMO.

The Mario thing was bad, but again, magnified by hindsight.  At the time he truly looked like he might not belong in the league.  You should still protect the asset, though.  But in typical Orlando Magic bizarro world fashion, Mario's play picked up almost immediately after that decision, making it look a lot worse than it already was.  This decision was a mistake.

Isaac over DSJ may prove to be the right call if Isaac can maintain any semblance of health.  His defensive numbers are impressive and his impact was readily apparent, just needs to stay on the court.

Frank can't be blamed for injuries, and he certainly got unlucky.  But he also dug his own grave a bit with defensive schemes, player rotations, etc.  This was probably the right move but the next guy needs to bring some stability.

• Upvote 1

@wojespn 

Knicks dismissed coach Jeff Hornacek, league sources tell ESPN. Management informed Hornacek of decision upon returning to New York late tonight.