Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

The Raptors have sewn up the East so I would not be surprised if Toronto is resting key players.

They still have finals home court on the table 

4 hours ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

lol....and in fact we drafted Saric FOR THEM....AND TRADED THEIR FIRST BACK TOO....for the awning Elfrid Payton. Priceless. If that doesn't demonstrate the differences between the franchises nothing does. It was astute management versus a 6th grader.

Philly has done a good job assembling their team and if they add LeBron they would separate themselves even further. They have ahd a little luck but that always helps.  But, before we get ahead of ourselves, astute management award has to go to the Celtics.  Next year If KI and Hayward both return healthy, as expected, they trot out a lineup of KI, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford.  That is pretty impressive.  Now add that to the fact they will have the Kings first round pick next year.  This could clinch it for them and be a marketing bonanza.  With the 3rd pick in the 2019 NBA draft,  the Boston Celtics select Bol Bol (all 7'2" with a 7'8" wingspan) who can shoot 3's.  Give him the #8 and call him BB-8 (lol) and put a  Star Wars logo on the uniforms.  Or call him Boston Bol Bol (BBB for short).  Myabe we should tank again next year just to get him.  Disney logo on one side of our jersey and Star wars on the other.  The possibilites are endless.  In all seriousness both Philly and Boston are going to be tough to match up with.  With the right pick (and I do think we need length, athleticism, and shooting just to match Philly and Boston) I think we can be nipping at their heels!

Kevin O'Connor says he gave Oladipo serious consideration for one of the two 1st team all-NBA guard slots (next to Harden).  I will forever stand proudly on the Oladipo fan club float.

Just now, alwaystragic said:

What would happen, tiebreaker wise, it Atlanta, Dallas and us finish with the same record?

Ok so two things happen.  Remember that the lottery is only for the top 3 picks and once those picks are drawn the rest fill out by record.  

For the lottery, a tie leads to the lottery numbers being evenly distributed amongst the teams.  So in this case the numbers for the 3rd 4th and 5th spots in the lottery will be added together and split between atlanta, Dallas, and orlando.  

Draft order is designated by coin flip so let's say Phoenix wins the first pick, Memphis wins the second pick, and Atlanta wins the third pick.  The fourth pick is decided by coin flip between orlando and Dallas.  If someone like Sacramento jumps to #1 shifting everyone down then the 4th pick is decided by coin flip between orlando, atlanta, and Dallas. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok so two things happen.  Remember that the lottery is only for the top 3 picks and once those picks are drawn the rest fill out by record.  

For the lottery, a tie leads to the lottery numbers being evenly distributed amongst the teams.  So in this case the numbers for the 3rd 4th and 5th spots in the lottery will be added together and split between atlanta, Dallas, and orlando.  

Draft order is designated by coin flip so let's say Phoenix wins the first pick, Memphis wins the second pick, and Atlanta wins the third pick.  The fourth pick is decided by coin flip between orlando and Dallas.  If someone like Sacramento jumps to #1 shifting everyone down then the 4th pick is decided by coin flip between orlando, atlanta, and Dallas. 

So, to understand correctly, if the lottery is won by one of the 2 worst teams (Phoenix or Memphis), we would have 33% chance of having the 3rd, 4th and 5th pick, correct?

27 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

So, to understand correctly, if the lottery is won by one of the 2 worst teams (Phoenix or Memphis), we would have 33% chance of having the 3rd, 4th and 5th pick, correct?

No.  Because the rest of the lottery teams have some chance at  3. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know how the rumor started but I've seen it more than once that Chicago will have a top 3 pick. I'll be upset if that happens

13 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I don't know how the rumor started but I've seen it more than once that Chicago will have a top 3 pick. I'll be upset if that happens

I'm OK with that as long as we pick before them :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Is it a rumor of a trade for top 3? Cause theres no way to know with the lotto unless you believe its rigged