Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

That was the beginning of their friendship. Before that, they were just two coworkers in an office full of fresh faces. When I asked Oladipo why he went to those lengths for a teammate he barely knew at the time, he said it was because he went through something similar—first in Orlando, then “a little bit” in Oklahoma. He had been in Turner’s position, trying to play well and battling injuries while nothing went the way he wanted. Those situations weren’t just frustrating. He said it was more like “you kind of eat yourself alive.”

“I try to come back and things aren’t flowing, and no one was there to talk to me,” Oladipo recalled. “No one was there to uplift me. It was something he needed to hear. I just felt like he needed it. I went over there on my own power and decided to talk to him and let him know that we believe in him and we’ve got his back.”

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4/5/17200330/indiana-pacers-myles-turner-victor-oladipo-feature

1. It sounds like the Magic weren't as close as it seemed while Oladipo was here.

2. Oladipo is sounding more and more like that leader that we are missing.

I will be rooting for Indiana to do well in these playoffs.

Who is reporting this? Parker’s agent? The Bucks front office will not go out there and pass that infor to the media. I still think the report is not really that accurate. It might be that he wanted more of a longer term deal vs a higher amount and they were not willing to do. 

I regards to Gordon... he is the only free agent of his class that deserve max money. But I just dont see our front office offering that max money without him testing market first and I don't see another team offering a max deal and waiting days  to see if  we will match or not. Most of the big names free agents  will be signed in the first few days of free agency. 

I see more of a 18-20 millions per year deal. Of course this will all depends on Him not signing a max deal with another team. If he does I am sure we will match. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

In was thinking pretty much the same thing. I was thinking if we waste an early pick taking Porter and Vuc is still our starting center that enough is enough. Although I've been a Magic faithful since day 1 it will be time to move on.

We have a  historical commonalilty.  I like you have been a Magic faithful since day 1.  I still remember writing out the $200 check one night in 1986 for season tickets for the 1989 season and my new bride of three years saying (not an NBA fan at that point) "Are you out of your mind, can we get that money back?"  I had been an NBA fan since the early 1960's when my dad, who knew a local sportswriter, would get free tickets (only way we could go) to Cincinnati Royals games.  The days of terratorial draft picks (yes they existed), Wilt (virtually unstoppable), Russell (the only one who could contain Wilt)and the Celtics, The Big O, 2000-3000 fans per game max.  We would sneak up and get better seats as the game progressed, ushers did not care back then and let kids be kids!  I watched the NBA and the finals along with the other 500 league fans (lol!) in the 1970's until it's resurgence with Magic and Larry. 

Anyway when it was time to select the seats before the 1989 season fans were invited down to the arena.  So a Magic rep. takes my wife and I to our assigned seats and one of them had all the camerea hardware setup bolted in.  They were good seats center court 35 rows up.  But now impossible due to the camera.  So she profusely apologized and had us wait.  She returned and motioned for us to follow her where she proceeds to walk down the stairs towards the court and asks us if our new seats (at the free throw line 8 rows from the floor) would be satisfactory.   I was so tempted to say "is this the best you can do" but I had already died and gone to heaven once that day (with the seats) so why press "fate"!  That row of seats included the seats of the now deceased sports attorney Robert Fraley and Payne Stewart's seats (he was a huge fan) (May they rest in peace) so as I watched games my wife would converse with Ian Baker Finch, Corey Pavin, Orel Hersheiser, even Dr. J once (they had to pick me up off the floor that evening) and other pro athletes about things other than basketball.

My wife and I also had an appearance on the ESPN 30 for 30 show about the Magic.  The scene is the night the Magic had their 2nd #1 pick in back to back years (1993) and selected Chris Webber.  That night the Magic opened up the arena for season ticket holders and fans and it was packed.  Rumors had swirled that day about a potential trade with most fans favoring drafting and keeping Webber.  Well we were at the arena and when the trade was announced we stood and yelled our disapproval.  We were quite animated, enough that the local news showed our antics that night (only people shown) on the 11 pm news.  We hoped nobody saw it and it would shrink into anonymity.  Anway a couple of years ago when ESPN did the 30 for 30 show our nephew (who was not even born at the time) sends us a text with the video (25 years later) attached and says, "Hey Uncle Mark and Aunt Lee Anne is this you on this video".  Holy sh.... it returned!!!!!  You can watch it at the 31 minute mark (I think) when Pat Williams announces the trade.  My wife looked at the video again and said, "Hey who is that idiot next to me".   I calmly replied,  "Honey, that idiot is me, your husband"  Then she alarmingly said, "Tell me what I am  doing with my fingers"  I said, to her relief, you are booing with your thumbs down!  Who knew!  We are now known as the "professional protestors" in our family.  "Call us" if you need a cause protested!

So I mention this for two reasons.  I can never "move on" from the Magic.  Too much history and memories.  I have to trust this management knows what they are doing.  I hope we are aggressive on draft night,  But if Vuch remains I think he will be dealt at the trade deadline.   That is the first reason.

Second reason is to thank any dad on this site who has taken his kid to a Magic game.  You may have given them the gift of the NBA that will last a lifetime.  I know my dad (rest in peace also) did.  And I treasure that gift every season!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We have a  historical commonalilty.  I like you have been a Magic faithful since day 1.  I still remember writing out the $200 check one night in 1986 for season tickets for the 1989 season and my new bride of three years saying (not an NBA fan at that point) "Are you out of your mind, can we get that money back?"  I had been an NBA fan since the early 1960's when my dad, who knew a local sportswriter, would get free tickets (only way we could go) to Cincinnati Royals games.  The days of terratorial draft picks (yes they existed), Wilt (virtually unstoppable), Russell (the only one who could contain Wilt)and the Celtics, The Big O, 2000-3000 fans per game max.  We would sneak up and get better seats as the game progressed, ushers did not care back then and let kids be kids!  I watched the NBA and the finals along with the other 500 league fans (lol!) in the 1970's until it's resurgence with Magic and Larry. 

Anyway when it was time to select the seats before the 1989 season fans were invited down to the arena.  So a Magic rep. takes my wife and I to our assigned seats and one of them had all the camerea hardware setup bolted in.  They were good seats center court 35 rows up.  But now impossible due to the camera.  So she profusely apologized and had us wait.  She returned and motioned for us to follow her where she proceeds to walk down the stairs towards the court and asks us if our new seats (at the free throw line 8 rows from the floor) would be satisfactory.   I was so tempted to say "is this the best you can do" but I had already died and gone to heaven once that day (with the seats) so why press "fate"!  That row of seats included the seats of the now deceased sports attorney Robert Fraley and Payne Stewart's seats (he was a huge fan) (May they rest in peace) so as I watched games my wife would converse with Ian Baker Finch, Corey Pavin, Orel Hersheiser, even Dr. J once (they had to pick me up off the floor that evening) and other pro athletes about things other than basketball.

My wife and I also had an appearance on the ESPN 30 for 30 show about the Magic.  The scene is the night the Magic had their 2nd #1 pick in back to back years (1993) and selected Chris Webber.  That night the Magic opened up the arena for season ticket holders and fans and it was packed.  Rumors had swirled that day about a potential trade with most fans favoring drafting and keeping Webber.  Well we were at the arena and when the trade was announced we stood and yelled our disapproval.  We were quite animated, enough that the local news showed our antics that night (only people shown) on the 11 pm news.  We hoped nobody saw it and it would shrink into anonymity.  Anway a couple of years ago when ESPN did the 30 for 30 show our nephew (who was not even born at the time) sends us a text with the video (25 years later) attached and says, "Hey Uncle Mark and Aunt Lee Anne is this you on this video".  Holy sh.... it returned!!!!!  You can watch it at the 31 minute mark (I think) when Pat Williams announces the trade.  My wife looked at the video again and said, "Hey who is that idiot next to me".   I calmly replied,  "Honey, that idiot is me, your husband"  Then she alarmingly said, "Tell me what I am  doing with my fingers"  I said, to her relief, you are booing with your thumbs down!  Who knew!  We are now known as the "professional protestors" in our family.  "Call us" if you need a cause protested!

So I mention this for two reasons.  I can never "move on" from the Magic.  Too much history and memories.  I have to trust this management knows what they are doing.  I hope we are aggressive on draft night,  But if Vuch remains I think he will be dealt at the trade deadline.   That is the first reason.

Second reason is to thank any dad on this site who has taken his kid to a Magic game.  You may have given them the gift of the NBA that will last a lifetime.  I know my dad (rest in peace also) did.  And I treasure that gift every season!

No offense, but most won't read a post of this length. I'm sure you meant well and had good points though

• Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Quite an outstanding post.  I couldn't stop reading it.  +1 from me.

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Quite an outstanding post.  I couldn't stop reading it.  +1 from me.

Thanks and Go Magic.  I want to see a title before I die!!!  My son and i were at the NBA finals game 1 vs Houston in 1995 when Nick Anderson missed all those free throws. Such a magical year and was so sure we would win it that year! 

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Amazing post. Absolutely wonderful 

17 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

I'd argue Miami are a team to watch and one that teams won't really want to play. They are a tough team built around the culture that the Heat have spent many years building. Even last year when they went 11-30 in the first half, they turned it around and went 30-11 in the second half due to their desire to win. They've managed it without a true star. Average players have become good players, and good have become very good. Their system and culture is one we should try to replicate.

As for LeBron going to Philly, where's the harm in that? If he can help them win a titles that's a positive because he'll move on and they'll hopefully still be there beyond his stay. It's like LeBron going to Miami and learning how to become a champion (Wade and Riley already had rings), it helped him become better. Granted he was already great before going to Miami but going there made him even better. Perhaps Lebrons experience and desire can make a positive impact on Simmons and Embiid and make them better for it? Also it does help them combat the western super teams.

Nope.  ***** LeBron and as a Magic fan, ***** the Heat.  I mean this statement with all my heart.  

It would be more of a positive for the league if a team would eliminate him from the playoffs which was my main point.  The East has no stabilized perseverance to overcome the pony show.  The EAST needs to grow a pair.  They constantly choke on the stage (Toronto and the Wizards) and let a one trick pony beat them.   How has the East not figured him out yet?  No.....no they figured him out.  They figured out that he likes to take them in the ass.   If the East were a *****ing matress store, do you know how many mattresses would have **** on them?  

I thought you were going to defend the case that they should develop independent of Lebron but  you went the narrative route as you were  socially trained to do by the talking "OPINIONATED" talking heads.  More social conformity.  I guess LeBron deserves everything right?  ***** competition if LeBron isn't making the finals?    Right?  

Currently, the narrative swung to LeBron winning MVP since he won't get any bailout titles anymore so I wouldn't be surprised if Harden had the MVP stolen from him for the sake of adding to delusion that LeBron James had more of a dominant career than Jordan.  LeBrons stat padding triple doubles get more mention then anything...against the lesser competition he's having the face.  Golden State is suspension bailout proof and Houston isn't going to let the likes of LeBron beat them  if they peak to the finals.  

And............... what happens when he comes to philly? Hmm..I wonder....what the *****..will happen.  Definitely.......definitely won't be the same ****show we've seen.  Oh the Nba..will be different.   Oh.  Ben Simmons and the Philadelphia 76ers will be the headline?  Right?  LeBron will get all the criticism and the teammates won't be blamed for nothing..right?  Oh....hmm....the 76ers are on a 5 game losing streak...uh oh.  Time for "LEBRON"...to get traded right?  Not anyone else?  Hmm.   Brett Brown will definitely be looked up to by LeBron and LeBron will defend him!  The offense is perfect and it doesn't have nothing to do with LeBron's usage level.  Most of philly's fanbase will be authentic..and definitely will not be turncoat Cleveland/mia/cleveland/ fans....right?  The ball will definitely be in the other guy's hands and they'll be able to develop.  Lebron won't dominate the ball...like he use to.  He'll....*eh*.......change.  

Oh, it'll be  all about him...AGAIN...and Embiid, Fultz, and Simmons instantly become a player within his shadow.  All the blame will fall on their shoulders if they lose because LeBron cannot be criticized as the philosophy goes.  LeBron's usage percentage will be the death of their development Than LeBron will take over their front office if **** isn't working in his favor.  Of course a coach will get fired here and there because the offense is ran around by the pony show we've been seeing for a decade.  This **** show gets regurgitated every year. Whoa...what is that?  Is that my tv shorting 

Philly doesn't need LeBron to be a championship team. All that is needed is development, confidence, resilience, and grit.  Its their first year of competitive basketball so I don't expect them to win it all but I eventually expect them to be elite.  They can win it all independent of selfish stat padding cunts.  Simmons, Fultz, and Embiid are a superb core.  They are fine the way they are.  LeBron needs Philadelphia to support his ..............*CRINGE*........Leg........acy.   

So once again..***** LeBron, ***** the talking heads who trained LeBron lovers very well, and ***** the LeBron entire brand.  Once again, I mean this all my heart.  Well, here's to the eastern conference eunuchs. 

------------

Now let me add that I love Golden State but I'm sure as hell happy that the Rockets actually didn't sit down and let them rule the West. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rockets win it all.  Chris Paul has a REAL...ambition to win a championship and is a team player.  You can see it in his isolations.  He has a personal agenda to destroy the GSW.  They've assembled and outstanding team around Paul. I don't mention Harden enough because I hate..his game..but he will be a huge key.  They showed their confidence in game the most.  Even Utah, Denver, and Portland were convincingly  competitive against Golden State. 

The Pacers,  who won the series against Cleveland, 3-1, swept the series against the Warriors.    I'm hoping..that the Pacer's can extend this to the post season..but the Pacers as a franchise has been disappointing..for a long time.