Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Those are all very fair points and it's definetly within the realm of reasonable outcomes for his career. 

As a fan, I'm just darn thirsty for a go to scorer, and through the draft seems to be the best way for us. 

You've said before we won't be picking this early again, so there goes Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett.

That leaves us with the option of going for Trae Young. I know the risk is high but I'd have to take it.

There's only about 2 or 3 players in this draft that I'd have to sit and wonder about taking over him JJJ, Doncic, and Ayton. 

I just see a path forward with an isaac-gordon-jjj/bamba team that should be an elite defensive team and that should be good enough to convince a go to scorer to come here.  

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I just see a path forward with an isaac-gordon-jjj/bamba team that should be an elite defensive team and that should be good enough to convince a go to scorer to come here.  

You would pick JJJ over Bamba right if he's available to us?

18 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

You would pick JJJ over Bamba right if he's available to us?

Yes

Doncic
JJJ
Ayton
Bamba
Bridges
Shai
Trae
Bagley

Though I think shai and trae are basically the same

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes

Doncic
JJJ
Ayton
Bamba
Bridges
Shai
Trae
Bagley

Though I think shai and trae are basically the same

so effectively you have Trae at 6... interesting...

I'd like to add to the JJJ vs Bamba debate, that not only does JJJ have superior instincts, block more shots per 40, and have a better looking jumpshot. His 3 point shot looks to translate to the NBA where as most things with Bamba people talk about projecting them to the NBA. JJJ while being a year younger than most freshman in this draft, is already way past everyone in terms of development both from three and obviously defensively. 

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

so effectively you have Trae at 6... interesting...

If the draft goes that way I would.  But I don't see bagley dropping to 7th. 

I think we’re looking big man in the draft and point guard in free agency, mainly because it takes so long to break a new point guard in to the NBA. We draft Trae and start him from day 1 we’re looking at another 2-3 years to our playoff drought.

19 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

JJJ while being a year younger than most freshman in this draft, is already way past everyone in terms of development both from three and obviously defensively. 

I love JJJ and agree mostly.  But just wanted to add that he has this interesting & somewhat perplexing confluence of grace and clumsiness.  One play he will make a terrific move and look beyond his years.  Then later he will try to do a spin move, lose his balance, send the ball flying, and look totally silly.

Basically my point is that if we draft him, people need to realize he's still fairly raw and not expect the world of him immediately.  Moments of tantalizing skill, followed by something boneheaded -- as is to be expected for such a young player.  But if he puts it all together, look out.

IF we get like the 6th pick i'd like to see us trade down and/or move Biz. Unless given a #1 pick, this team has rarely drafted well. However we have had good success in luring free agents. Clean up the cap sheet and make a run in the 2019 offseason. You can add Kemba and Klay (both in their primes) plus whatever talent we have on the roster. Start making the playoffs and build from there. 

15 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I love JJJ and agree mostly.  But just wanted to add that he has this interesting & somewhat perplexing confluence of grace and clumsiness.  One play he will make a terrific move and look beyond his years.  Then later he will try to do a spin move, lose his balance, send the ball flying, and look totally silly.

Basically my point is that if we draft him, people need to realize he's still fairly raw and not expect the world of him immediately.  Moments of tantalizing skill, followed by something boneheaded -- as is to be expected for such a young player.  But if he puts it all together, look out.

ITS BECAUSE HE PLAYS SO INTENSE

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

ITS BECAUSE HE PLAYS SO INTENSE

He's definitely alpha.

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

IF we get like the 6th pick i'd like to see us trade down and/or move Biz. Unless given a #1 pick, this team has rarely drafted well. However we have had good success in luring free agents. Clean up the cap sheet and make a run in the 2019 offseason. You can add Kemba and Klay (both in their primes) plus whatever talent we have on the roster. Start making the playoffs and build from there. 

I think we are stuck with Biz