Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That's true.  But those numbers are skewed by the fast start that we had, which turned out to be unsustainable.  Some of the other points being made above are also correct, but the conclusion that we were "thriving" with Ross is just wrong.  We were well into our tailspin by the time he went out.

But the tailspin was more started by being down to 1 or 0 point guards leading into both point guards playing hurt, no isaac, and an extremely tough schedule that's kind of unusual.  

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

But the tailspin was more started by being down to 1 or 0 point guards leading into both point guards playing hurt, no isaac, and an extremely tough schedule that's kind of unusual.  

Partly, yes.  But one of those PG's was Payton, who we're probably better without.  While it was a tough stretch, at the time most felt we should have won at least 3-4 of those 9 games.  Had we done that and not had the 9 game losing streak, the whole season might have turned out differently.  My only point is that Ross being there, and playing a good number of minutes, didn't stop us from falling apart.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Partly, yes.  But one of those PG's was Payton, who we're probably better without.  While it was a tough stretch, at the time most felt we should have won at least 3-4 of those 9 games.  Had we done that and not had the 9 game losing streak, the whole season might have turned out differently.  My only point is that Ross being there, and playing a good number of minutes, didn't stop us from falling apart.

We're better without Payton. I'm not sure we're better with Simmons at point than payton 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Does isaac have the weakest ankles of all time? Hurt again

I dont think he had an issue in college or highschool with the ankles. 

I dont think is anything serious. We need to shot him down and work on improving his propioception skills. He will be ok.

I guess.

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think this Summer is key in getting him the proper conditioning and strength training he needs to have a successful career. Start it now by shutting him down.

Seems like whiteside wants out. If the heat are looking for salary relief they can take Ross and Vuc. We could give whiteside all the touches he wants. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You know who else missed a lot of time his first couple seasons with "weak ankles", Steph Curry. After his first season or two, people were wondering if he would amount to anything, and now look. Isaac is a young man who is still growing, and hasn't had a lot of time to build strength, give it a little time. 

6 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

You know who else missed a lot of time his first couple seasons with "weak ankles", Steph Curry. After his first season or two, people were wondering if he would amount to anything, and now look. Isaac is a young man who is still growing, and hasn't had a lot of time to build strength, give it a little time. 

Steph seems to miss some time every year with ankle issues. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I can’t help but wonder if his growth plates still being open according to previous info is effecting him. I remember him talking about the pain of growing in recent years. They say he can be 7’ 1”., but he definitely needs to spend a lot of time in the gym this summer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I can’t help but wonder if his growth plates still being open according to previous info is effecting him. I remember him talking about the pain of growing in recent years. They say he can be 7’ 1”., but he definitely needs to spend a lot of time in the gym this summer. 

Gym and lots of protein and calcium. He makes Durant look thick.