Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I never read that. Wow

Yeah, happened during a game. Fallen on and taken out at the knee. Fractured leg and sprained MCL. Happened in late November. His injury hurt us the most, as I think he was the most critical piece in us winning games.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, happened during a game. Fallen on and taken out at the knee. Fractured leg and sprained MCL. Happened in late November. His injury hurt us the most, as I think he was the most critical piece in us winning games.

We lost 9 in a row in November when Ross was in the lineup.  Injuries are not what make us a bad team. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

he was really play bad before the injury but his defense was a big plus If I remember 

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

he was really play bad before the injury but his defense was a big plus If I remember 

He was missing shots but his reputation helped with spacing and he was great on defense.  

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

And most importantly, when Ross was healthy it allowed Simmons to be 6th man where he thrived.

39 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We lost 9 in a row in November when Ross was in the lineup.  Injuries are not what make us a bad team. 

That was when we were hurt and playing almost exclusively playoff teams almost exclusively on the road.  

I

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And most importantly, when Ross was healthy it allowed Simmons to be 6th man where he thrived.

Didn’t Simmons start with Ross healthy? Frank’s an idiot 

58 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I

Didn’t Simmons start with Ross healthy? Frank’s an idiot 

"He [Ross] goes a lot of times where he plays the whole first half with zero field-goal attempts or one field-goal attempt. He’s capable of more than that. He's not really lost. He’s making the right play. He’s just one of the guys that doesn’t force. We’ve got too many guys that force.

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

9-13 with Ross, 13-40 without.

That's true.  But those numbers are skewed by the fast start that we had, which turned out to be unsustainable.  Some of the other points being made above are also correct, but the conclusion that we were "thriving" with Ross is just wrong.  We were well into our tailspin by the time he went out.