Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

True

theres 3 other teams that are doing a HC search this offseason, maybe Weltman doesn’t want to lose the opportunity to get stackhouse?

I wonder if we fire Vogel or he quits the Lakers look at him? They might think it gives them a better shot at Paul George

Sooner or later we need to find a coach that we can stick with and build this team with. This whole swapping and changing coaches is not good for anyone. Even the 76ers found a coach they liked and have stuck with him through four tanking years and they now seem set for the play offs in his fifth season. He's even survived front office change. So we need to try and find someone we can stick with if we plan to rebuild this roster, or we need to find someone that can put everything together and take this young roster to the next level without a major overhaul.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Sooner or later we need to find a coach that we can stick with and build this team with. This whole swapping and changing coaches is not good for anyone. Even the 76ers found a coach they liked and have stuck with him through four tanking years and they now seem set for the play offs in his fifth season. He's even survived front office change. So we need to try and find someone we can stick with if we plan to rebuild this roster, or we need to find someone that can put everything together and take this young roster to the next level without a major overhaul.

I mean yes I agree with you. But now the question is, does anyone here think Vogel can eventually lead this team to a winning record and be formidable in the playoffs. If the answer is no, I don’t think we should delay, we should go and find that guy now and start the process. 

I just wanna say that this was an evaluation year and we should expect our new rebuild to start this summer. It's gonna be Publishers Clearing House in here yall!

44 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I mean yes I agree with you. But now the question is, does anyone here think Vogel can eventually lead this team to a winning record and be formidable in the playoffs. If the answer is no, I don’t think we should delay, we should go and find that guy now and start the process. 

I'm not suggesting we should stick with Vogel for continuity purposes and in the hope he turns things around down the line. If the belief is that he can't develop talent and get us on the right track, then kick on from that and build us into a contender, then fair enough move on from him. However, our front office can't afford to be short sighted with the appointment. They need to pick someone that can be part of the tough years but is someone they will stand by and let them grow as a head coach alongside the team. 

46 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I don't think his skills with rotations are good enough to lead us to a winning record.

14 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I though about that but it is going to make the tanking even worse in the regular season.  Those teams like Detroit, charlotte, nuggets, clippers and lakers will start tanking as well by the last couple of weeks of the regular season. They will sit all the good players in order to rest them for the losers playoff. Fans and league will not be happy about it.

Simple answer is we just tank better than them.  Phiily did it for 5 years.  We only have to do it for one!!!!

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't think his skills with rotations are good enough to lead us to a winning record.

When you have a team where bench players are better than starters, thats a managment fail, not a coaching fail IMO. Lets give him a team with starters who are better than bench players so we can actually evaluate his coaching.

41 minutes ago, random said:

When you have a team where bench players are better than starters, thats a managment fail, not a coaching fail IMO. Lets give him a team with starters who are better than bench players so we can actually evaluate his coaching.

The coach decides who starts? If the bench players are better than starters then the roles should be reversed. That's on the coach. If the starters then complain about being made bench players its up to managment to ship them off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Simple answer is we just tank better than them.  Phiily did it for 5 years.  We only have to do it for one!!!!

True, but you also have to be lucky as well. In 2016 the 76ers won the top pick and got Simmons, had they fallen to 3 or 4 things look different for them. That happened to Charlotte when they fell one spot and got Michael Kidd Gilchrist, while New Orleans moved up and got Anthony Davis. Sometimes when you tank you get that top pick and a franchise changing talent, other times you end up falling a spot or two and land a useful player but not a franchise changing one.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The coach decides who starts? If the bench players are better than starters then the roles should be reversed. That's on the coach. If the starters then complain about being made bench players its up to managment to ship them off.

Unless management listen to the players. Fizdale lost his job in Memphis because they backed Gasol over him. Player power can force coaches out if you get on the wrong side of them.