Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Then neither does their opinion. Relevance is a perception based on that individuals opinion. So your opinion, my opinion, anybody’s opinion really have little or no relevance. 

Nope.  That's not right, you're confused on this issue.  Look, it's fine to disagree with Lowe/Clifford and explain your reasoning.  I might even agree with you on some of it.  But it's not ok to say that their opinion is no good because they don't fly F-35's or because they wear glasses.  Those statements have absolutely nothing to do with the issue being discussed, and shouldn't be brought up at all.  The same applies as to whether they've won any championships.  There is a difference between relevant and irrelevant.

7 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

What are our predictions for our remaining games this season?

76ers, Suns, Nets, Bulls, @Hawks, @Knicks, Mavericks, Hornets, @Raptors, @Bucks, Wizards

I'll be honest I am not looking forward to us having six straight games against tanking opposition. On the one hand if all goes well we can pretty much have a top four odds tied up, but on the other a winning run could see us play ourselves into the 7th or 8th range depending on how other results go.

Depends on whether we are tanking or not.  I tend to think yes.  If Payton has a career game (hoping revenge/payback is on his and his teammates mind) and Suns beat us and then we lose to the Brooklyn Cavaliers (that loss is a must if we have any brains), then if Bulls still at 24 wins we tank that one.  At Hawks should be an easy loss and at Knicks too.  Will still be battling Memphis and Suns so close 0-5 and we are top 3, probably top 2.  That is a plan.  Failing to plan is planning to fail.

BRUH...........Memphis are tank mother*****ing gods.  We are not getting no number 1 pick homie. SHeesh.  Losing by 6 (*****ING) 1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ~O~ said:

BRUH...........Memphis are tank mother*****ing gods.  We are not getting no number 1 pick homie. SHeesh.  Losing by 6 (*****ING) 1

Don’t forget that having the worst record doesn’t even come close to guaranteeing that you get first pick.  Less than 50% that you get even top 2.  Next year those odds will go down further. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Don’t forget that having the worst record doesn’t even come close to guaranteeing that you get first pick.  Less than 50% that you get even top 2.  Next year those odds will go down further. 

That is so true but If we finish bottom 3 we are guaranteed top 5 which is much better than getting a bunch of meaningless wins and picking 7-9 like I was afraid of before Fournier and Isaac went down. What I care most about is that we figure out some way to move Vuc and maybe Biz and grab at least a decent center and a PG. We might also have to consider that Isaac may never develop an NBA body and will only see the floor in spurts just like this season and grab another forward too.

I really want to see a whole season with defense at the rim and no more layup drills by opponents.

34 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That is so true but If we finish bottom 3 we are guaranteed top 5 which is much better than getting a bunch of meaningless wins and picking 7-9 like I was afraid of before Fournier and Isaac went down. What I care most about is that we figure out some way to move Vuc and maybe Biz and grab at least a decent center and a PG. We might also have to consider that Isaac may never develop an NBA body and will only see the floor in spurts just like this season and grab another forward too.

I really want to see a whole season with defense at the rim and no more layup drills by opponents.

Very much agree with the last paragraph, and most of the first. Starting next year, I think the lottery system changes so that the bottom 7 teams have an equal chance of getting any of the first 7 picks.  Hopefully that wil end this idiotic competition to see who can lose the most games.  

19 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Very much agree with the last paragraph, and most of the first. Starting next year, I think the lottery system changes so that the bottom 7 teams have an equal chance of getting any of the first 7 picks.  Hopefully that wil end this idiotic competition to see who can lose the most games.  

I would love to see a 1 game playoff between all the teams that don't make the playoffs battling for lottery picks in reverse order. Winning team gets 1st pick and so on. Losers are ordered by points scored.

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would love to see a 1 game playoff between all the teams that don't make the playoffs battling for lottery picks in reverse order. Winning team gets 1st pick and so on. Losers are ordered by points scored.

I though about that but it is going to make the tanking even worse in the regular season.  Those teams like Detroit, charlotte, nuggets, clippers and lakers will start tanking as well by the last couple of weeks of the regular season. They will sit all the good players in order to rest them for the losers playoff. Fans and league will not be happy about it.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I though about that but it is going to make the tanking even worse in the regular season.  Those teams like Detroit, charlotte, nuggets, clippers and lakers will start tanking as well by the last couple of weeks of the regular season. They will sit all the good players in order to rest them for the losers playoff. Fans and league will not be happy about it.

"The Loser Playoffs On TNT" LOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Good point!