Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think he forgot to mention that the Kings play Atlanta, Dallas, Memphis, and Phoenix again. Somebody has to win each of those games. We may see some football scores over the next few weeks LOL.

We might even see them do what Chicago did last night by not playing Dunn, Lavine and Markanen. Perhaps them missing the game was legit, but resting three key players against a team they are in battle with for the 8th odds? Bit of a coincidence.

In that stretch of games I'd fancy the Kings to win all four, but if tanking is on their mind they might have to sit some players or manage their minutes to get past those teams.

3 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

We might even see them do what Chicago did last night by not playing Dunn, Lavine and Markanen. Perhaps them missing the game was legit, but resting three key players against a team they are in battle with for the 8th odds? Bit of a coincidence.

In that stretch of games I'd fancy the Kings to win all four, but if tanking is on their mind they might have to sit some players or manage their minutes to get past those teams.

I think I've surveyed Kings boxscores way more than what's probably healthy

9 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Your math is wrong...... Both Memphis and Phoenix only have 19 wins. We have 21 and Atlanta (20 wins) at this point will come out ahead of us (In the tank dept.) if we tie cause of the conference record.

Not intended to be about math.  Intended for philosophy.  I want a chance at the best player.  If we go 0-12 it forces the other teams to lose.  At the worst we stay 4th in the lottery  but at the best we get the #1 lottery poisiton.  We have the easiest schedule of all the remaining lottery teams so it is unlikely.  Only possible if we go 0-12.  

5 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think I've surveyed Kings boxscores way more than what's probably healthy

I thought it was just me LOL. I've been watching all of the bottom teams and hoping... Ayton, JJJ, or Doncic would really boost this team quickly!

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I thought it was just me LOL. I've been watching all of the bottom teams and hoping... Ayton, JJJ, or Doncic would really boost this team quickly!

Ayton and doncic and young would improve us immediately but not jjj. He has project written all over him. He has skills no doubt. But I don’t think he is ready to produce that much yet. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ayton and doncic and young would improve us immediately but not jjj. He has project written all over him. He has skills no doubt. But I don’t think he is ready to produce that much yet. 

I don't think any rookie would improve us immediately.  Maybe doncic. Even if you are super optimistic about trae you should expect him to be mostly hot garbage for a year.  

• Upvote 1

Actually, Jjj might be the best case for "rookie to make the biggest positive impact" as he'd give us a center who would deter opponents from driving on him somewhat while also being able to catch a basketball and spot up.  Much like we've seen isaac impact games by filling the missing role of "guy who defends". 

Ayton is basically Vucevic until he learns to play defense. Doncic shot low 30s this year from an easier 3. There is no short term fix for the multitude of problems that we have. 

Marvin Bagley with JJJs shooting and shotblocking and Doncic's passing could probably get us in the playoff hunt but he doesnt exist.

11 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Ayton is basically Vucevic until he learns to play defense. Doncic shot low 30s this year from an easier 3. There is no short term fix for the multitude of problems that we have. 

Marvin Bagley with JJJs shooting and shotblocking and Doncic's passing could probably get us in the playoff hunt but he doesnt exist.

And if trae can match Augustin's play since taking the starting role from Payton (14 and 5 on 47/47/94 shooting) I'd be thrilled.  

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

And if trae can match Augustin's play since taking the starting role from Payton (14 and 5 on 47/47/94 shooting) I'd be thrilled.  

That's why I'm  not in a big rush for a PG, DJ has been a pleasant surprise as a starter on a great contract. We need to replace Vuc as starting center as a priority. We need defense in the middle. 

28 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

IMO Ayton is going to be way better than Vuc in his 1st year. We already know what Vuc can do on defense, nothing! Ayton is young and can be taught. JJJ is already better than Vuc on D. Either one of those 2 is fine for me!

• Downvote 1