Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Vogel is completely misusing Gordon.

we need a coach that creates an offense hat fits his players strengths and Vogel has shown he can’t even create a semblance of an nba offense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Kiiiiinda seems like we're probably tanking

I wouldn't say sitting Gordon is a sign of tanking, I think it's being smart when handling a player that has suffered two known concussions this season. With what is known about concussions you don't put them at risk.

With that said, I think there's an argument to shut him down for the year because there's nothing to play for and no point in putting him at risk. We are already likely to sign him to an extension, so let him rest up and prepare for next season, and use the time to evaluate our other players. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

On 3/9/2018 at 3:21 PM, jjgator said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the injuries we've been having are actually real. It seems like a couple of players get injured every day. The team obviously can't say it's tanking, but what are the odds we'd have this many short term injuries?

163.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I would be SOOOO happy if we somehow were able to tank and get a top 5 pick (that isn't a PF) but I'm not gonna waste any brain cells on it. If we get a great pick, awesome. If we don't I hope we trade it for 2 later picks and grab a couple of decent prospects. 

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would be SOOOO happy if we somehow were able to tank and get a top 5 pick (that isn't a PF) but I'm not gonna waste any brain cells on it. If we get a great pick, awesome. If we don't I hope we trade it for 2 later picks and grab a couple of decent prospects. 

Nah, this isn't a deep draft. We need to be in the top 6-7 in a worst case scenario to get a solid prospect. The top talent is in the front court but we're not good enough to draft for need. Its BPA all day long

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Nah, this isn't a deep draft. We need to be in the top 6-7 in a worst case scenario to get a solid prospect. The top talent is in the front court but we're not good enough to draft for need. Its BPA all day long

It's deep in interesting but flawed guys.  I don't think it's even 7 guys deep for elite prospects.  

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's deep in interesting but flawed guys.  I don't think it's even 7 guys deep for elite prospects.  

I agree with you and if we end up 7-9 what do you think about trading for 2 in the teens?

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

That's what I'm saying, if we end up 7-9 we are outside that window and 2 guys from the teens would be a better way to go. If we draft a PF how are they gonna get any minutes to develop when they are buried behind AG & Isaac unless we dump 1 of them?

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That's what I'm saying, if we end up 7-9 we are outside that window and 2 guys from the teens would be a better way to go. If we draft a PF how are they gonna get any minutes to develop when they are buried behind AG & Isaac unless we dump 1 of them?

a lot of the power forward project as 5s from some scouts:Bagley, and Jackson mainly. I think porter Jr. is a 3/4.

I'd play Jackson Jr. at the 5 all day every day. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree with you and if we end up 7-9 what do you think about trading for 2 in the teens?

Mikal Bridges and Trae young have to be selected by us if they're still on the board in this range, Young aside, Mikal a 6'7" 3 and D guy with great feel and athleticism, that'd be a great posturing move to one day get an offensive oriented low defense point guard. if you could paid the two somehow  watch out

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe we'll get a top pick even when the odds don't favor us. It's not like we haven't seen it before.

9 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Maybe we'll get a top pick even when the odds don't favor us. It's not like we haven't seen it before.

That would be excellent. We will have a much better chance of that happening if we finish 1-5 than 6-9 though so I'm hoping that some of these other teams win a few lucky games. Dallas and Brooklyn almost won tonight and both looked like they were trying to win. I realize Brooklyn has no reason to tank, they are just that bad. I would hate for the Cavs to get a top 3 pick, that would really suck LOL.

• Like 1