Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

So I'm watching last year's draft and when Markelle gets drafted they mention he's an avid BOX biker,  makes me wonder if that has ANYTHING to do with injury...

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah I just looked it up, we beat NY by 3 games. So if we could have won 4 less games?

hey, if kings win tonight then it's still a good tank day

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah I just looked it up, we beat NY by 3 games. So if we could have won 4 less games?

We were ahead of ny by 8 games.  

Actually lets use the Lakers as they jumped to 2. We were ahead of them by 4 games.  We'd have to finish that season 0-19 to take their spot. 

19 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

junk just got so confusing 

Every year we've picked early we've won little and lost big at the end of the year.  

To pick earlier we'd have to win none and lose all over the last quarter of the season.  

Its extremely difficult to win none and lose all over many games.  

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That's the wrong year.  My fault for using one year vs the two year transition.  I thought it was normal to refer to seasons by the ending year and not the beginning year so you don't get confused when referring to the 2015 season but the 2016 playoffs in the 15-16 season for example.  But i guess that's not universal.  

1 hour ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

Its this magical move that turns Porzingas into Hezonja....Embiid to Dante Exum/Marcus Smart... here we go selling next years hope for season ticket holders. Looking forward to another 25 win season in 2019.

So Porzingis was drafted in the 2015 draft and we beat NY by 3 games in 14-15. I think that is what S.A.C. was saying about the meaningless wins possibly making a big difference.

34 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So Porzingis was drafted in the 2015 draft and we beat NY by 3 games in 14-15. I think that is what S.A.C. was saying about the meaningless wins possibly making a big difference.

kings win!!!

It's consistently amusing to me to hear people complain about us not tanking hard enough, not getting enough top picks. We got 3 top five picks in the first three years of our rebuild. We picked 2 very good players in Oladipo and Gordon with the first two, and it's looking like we might have picked a good player in Mario Hezonja. We drafted one guy who's already been an All-Star. Gordon certainly looks like he has that potential.

For the 8,000,000th time, this team's failure has not been, and never was, not tanking hard enough. That narrative is so flawed it's absurd. We had talent; multiple All-Star talent. We should have stopped the tanking exactly when we did. We had the horse we should have been running behind. But we Seabuscuit-ed him. We Seabuscuit-ed all of them. We trained our guys to lose, and they lost, regardless of how talented they were. So we sold Oladipo for pennies on the dollar, and now he's leading the 3rd best team in the East. We forced Gordon to switch positions in his 3rd year when he should have been getting ready to break out. We blew our wad on bench garbage and one-dimensional players.

It is absolutely myopic to see what this team has done, where it is now, and blame that on not sucking hard enough. We didn't fail to lose, guys. We have been, for now the third straight season, failing to break free of a broken culture. I'm not saying we shouldn't have tanked those first three years. We should have. I'm saying we shouldn't have panicked when things didn't turn around on a dime. We did exactly what a tanking team should do. We sucked, acquired high-level talent through the draft and through trades of hold-over assets. It wasn't tanking we failed at. It was the part that comes after tanking that we failed at. I am utterly convinced that had we stuck it out after the Skiles year - had Skiles put on his big girl panties and Hennigan kept his cool - we would be where Indiana is now. A top 3 team in the East. Put Oladipo (and Sabonis) back on this team. Have us throw FA money at Darren Collison or Tyreke Evens or George Hill or Jeff Teague. Have us in the third year of a coach who improved our record by 10 games in his only season. Have us not give up on Mario Hezonja. A lineup of Tyreke-Oladipo-Evan-AG-Vuc, with maybe a bench led by Payton-Mario-Sabonis-Dedmon. Tell me that's not as good as what Indiana has. Tell me that's not enticing to a big name free agent. Tell me we failed at tanking. No. We succeeded at tanking. We failed when it came time for winning, guys.

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

8 games