Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

The entire point of floor spacing is where you can score.  That's why last year Gordon was a poor floor spacer despite catching the ball on the perimeter.  

Same deal with Faried. 

38 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

No he doesn’t, not similarly at least.  And yes it is.

floor spacing typically assumes some gravity out to the three point line

34 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The point was that scouting didn’t adequately project him.

how? he's still playing bully ball to get the majority of his points the scouting report merely questioned whether or not he'd be able to do that at this level . I hate talking about him like this because I like Randle a lot and enjoy his old school game but it certainly has its ceiling of value in the modern NBA

38 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Fair enough, but there aren’t many starter quality 4’s in your estimation then though if you’re looking for both those qualities 

yeah it's definitely more of an "or" than an "and"

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Last year was a perfect example of NOT tanking.  Philly was tanking and we had a one game lead in losses when we played them head to head late in the year.  A loss and we have a real good chance of having a worse record at the end of the year thus a better draft position.  We won!  Philly ended up ahead of us by one spot!   This team has always said it would try to win games at the end of the season to develop a culture of winning.  We have always tried to develop our team at the end of the year when wins made no difference and even if it affected our draft position.  The sad thing is I see us doing the same thing this year when we play 7 lottery teams in a row winning our way out of a top 3 pick (If we do not lose to Brooklyn, helping Cleveland possibly obtain a better pick, that will be further proof).  If you fail to plan you are planning to fail!!

No argument.  I was talking in my above post about the first 3 years of Hennigan's tenure. We weren't trying to tank since then, but it turns out it's harder to "turn off" then people thought.

Regarding your point about winning games at the end of the season, what would you differently?  You can't tell the players or coaches to try to lose.

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

No argument.  I was talking in my above post about the first 3 years of Hennigan's tenure. We weren't trying to tank since then, but it turns out it's harder to "turn off" then people thought.

Regarding your point about winning games at the end of the season, what would you differently?  You can't tell the players or coaches to try to lose.

You can rest your player who's had 3 concussions in 2 year and your starting 2/3 that has a knee sprain. Without playoff hopes, my main goal would be to get everyone healthy heading into the off season. 

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Bring Wiggins to Orlando 

Where he can be third/fourth behind Vuch and Fournier!

• Like 1