Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm going to spend a good deal of time researching Porter Jr  and his injury. 

Somebody on our forum has a lot of experience medically with back issues, hope they step in and give us their 2 cents. Personally I don't know ANYBODY that has had back surgery and not continued to have back issues. Many of them have had to have multiple surgeries each with about a year recovery time, and they don't even go through the physical demands of playing basketball. I'm afraid that if we draft him he will be Grant Hill 2.0 and play a handful of games during his entire contract and spend the rest of it with treatments and rehabs. If there is a healthy back problem free player of close to equal talent I hope we make the right choice.

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Somebody on our forum has a lot of experience medically with back issues, hope they step in and give us their 2 cents. Personally I don't know ANYBODY that has had back surgery and not continued to have back issues. Many of them have had to have multiple surgeries each with about a year recovery time, and they don't even go through the physical demands of playing basketball. I'm afraid that if we draft him he will be Grant Hill 2.0 and play a handful of games during his entire contract and spend the rest of it with treatments and rehabs. If there is a healthy back problem free player of close to equal talent I hope we make the right choice.

Yeah it really is sad, so young to have a back injury. 

11 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not impossible.......Look at Tiger Woods and it appears Tiger's injury was more serious since Porter is back playing well ahead of schedule.  Looking forward to Friday night Florida State vs Missouri game at 9:50 I think!  I will watch and probably tape it also!

6 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Not impossible.......Look at Tiger Woods and it appears Tiger's injury was more serious since Porter is back playing well ahead of schedule.  Looking forward to Friday night Florida State vs Missouri game at 9:50 I think!  I will watch and probably tape it also!

Tiger is a pretty good example of why not to draft him.  He had a significant drop in performance, good days and bad days, never really the same guy.  

Is Randle still a bad word around these parts? There’s something about a lefty doing what he does on the court, he is becoming such a good player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Is Randle still a bad word around these parts? There’s something about a lefty doing what he does on the court, he is becoming such a good player.

He’s having a great year. I like him but don’t know what he is on a contending team.

23 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with some of this.  If we do everything we can to improve the team, and due to circumstances beyond our control, wind up with an excellent draft pick, of course no one is going to refuse that.  I would not forego trying to develop our current players for the remaining 20 games or so in order to possibly get a higher draft pick, but it may be moot.  We may lose no matter what we try to do or don't do.

I disagree completely with the one thing you say we can all agree on. Of course we tanked.  That was Hennigan's entire strategy.  He traded every veteran and put out a squad of mostly mediocre young players.  He hired the worst, least experienced, coach he could find.  For his first three years, we had the worst record of any team in the NBA.  If that isn't tanking, I don't know what is. 

You still can’t differentiate between tanking and sucking. When you trade a superstar who handcuffed you and fire a head coach you’re destined for a re-build and to suck, which we have. You call it tanking because it fits your narrative, however, as has already been pointed out, even with all that losing we wound up with a singular top 3 pick because we DIDN’T tank when we absolutely should have. 

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

You still can’t differentiate between tanking and sucking. When you trade a superstar who handcuffed you and fire a head coach you’re destined for a re-build and to suck, which we have. You call it tanking because it fits your narrative, however, as has already been pointed out, even with all that losing we wound up with a singular top 3 pick because we DIDN’T tank when we absolutely should have. 

It was no accident that we traded every half decent veteran and hired an incompetent coach.  Sucking on purpose is tanking.  You may be one of the few people in the world who believes we weren't trying to tank for several years.

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’s having a great year. I like him but don’t know what he is on a contending team.

It’s hard to tell but they’ve only lost twice since the asb, which coincides with his return to the SL.  They aren’t making the playoffs but are playing like they belong 

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

yeah, he just doesn't have the length to be a help defender

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It’s hard to tell but they’ve only lost twice since the asb, which coincides with his return to the SL.  They aren’t making the playoffs but are playing like they belong 

Interesting. Well the Lakers are going to have to make a tough call on him. I see Dallas landing him this summer.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah, he just doesn't have the length to be a help defender

He has more length than AG.  I don’t think that matters.