Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You shouldn't kick any horse at all. 

Thank you and I stand admonished but I think your "How do I Reeech these Keeeds" post may qualify as the "post of the day", maybe even of the week!!!  Hilairious!!!!

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes, yes it is. 

Dam autocorrect. Lol

Thank you Michael for confirming that you are the best player of all time.   That should convince Magicfan1987.  Oh and let him know that the greatest single performance in finals history occurred in 1997 when you had the flu and were not expected to play but still did and scored 38 points (collapsed after the game) for a win in a series tied 2-2.  That is what the greatest players do, right?

11 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thank you and I stand admonished but I think your "How do I Reeech these Keeeds" post may qualify as the "post of the day", maybe even of the week!!!  Hilairious!!!!

I aim to please

• Upvote 1

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Thank you Michael for confirming that you are the best player of all time.   That should convince Magicfan1987.  Oh and let him know that the greatest single performance in finals history occurred in 1997 when you had the flu and were not expected to play but still did and scored 38 points (collapsed after the game) for a win in a series tied 2-2.  That is what the greatest players do, right?

Yes, yes they do!!!

10 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

wasn't the flu, was a hangover but ok and if it was the flu what the heck is he doing exposing everyone to the flu, it's super contagious and people die every year from it. Completely selfish, irresponsible, and down right flagrant. 

11 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

The one thing we can all agree on is we have never tanked.  And, even after the Hennigan era,  we now have a roster that we can build on.  The peculiarity of this year is the injuries.  They have put us in a unique position to take advantage of an anomaly.  I feel safe saying our roster is not a 22-24 win roster.  30-35 win roster seems more reasonable.  Weltman did some good things and I think the FO basketball IQ is higher now, maybe the highest it has ever been.  If we had salary cap space that would be great but we do not, we will have to wait a couple of years for that.  So, for this year,  we are reliant on the draft only (First round and two second rounders).  Might as well, in a tough injury year, try to get the best draft pick possible whcih gives us a better second rounder too.  That increases our odds at getting THAT all-star player in the first round and a decent player in the 2nd round.  As the old adage says, "Do not kick a gift horse in the mouth"!!!!!

I agree with some of this.  If we do everything we can to improve the team, and due to circumstances beyond our control, wind up with an excellent draft pick, of course no one is going to refuse that.  I would not forego trying to develop our current players for the remaining 20 games or so in order to possibly get a higher draft pick, but it may be moot.  We may lose no matter what we try to do or don't do.

I disagree completely with the one thing you say we can all agree on. Of course we tanked.  That was Hennigan's entire strategy.  He traded every veteran and put out a squad of mostly mediocre young players.  He hired the worst, least experienced, coach he could find.  For his first three years, we had the worst record of any team in the NBA.  If that isn't tanking, I don't know what is. 

I always think of the year that Robinson got hurt and the Spurs ended up with the top pick and drafted Duncan. Unique situation, we of course have no Robinson but our losses are not from tanking but being hamstringed by injuries.

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

wasn't the flu, was a hangover but ok and if it was the flu what the heck is he doing exposing everyone to the flu, it's super contagious and people die every year from it. Completely selfish, irresponsible, and down right flagrant. 

Hilarious!  2nd best post of the week right behind ?4theWin's "How Do Reeech these Keeeds"!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Hilarious!  2nd best post of the week right behind ?4theWin's "How Do Reeech these Keeeds"!!!!!

anyone who doesn't agree is a danger to society, that's not even arguable