Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Jordan never beat a super team, LeBron beat 3

Jordan played in an era when the east was actually good.  His first title came through young ewing, Barkley, and tail end of his prime magic Johnson.

The second title came through a really good Knicks team, a mark price Larry nance Cavs team, and a drexler blazers team.  

Third title came through a Dominique Wilkins, Willis, Blaylock hawks team, the Knicks, the Cavs, and Barkley phoenix team.  

Fourth was mourning heat, prime ewing, the Shaq penny magic, and the kemp Payton Sonics

Fifth title went through the Howard Webber Strickland wizards, the heat, the hawks, and Malone Stockton

Thats not nothing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Jordan played in an era when the east was actually good.  His first title came through young ewing, Barkley, and tail end of his prime magic Johnson.

The second title came through a really good Knicks team, a mark price Larry nance Cavs team, and a drexler blazers team.  

Third title came through a Dominique Wilkins, Willis, Blaylock hawks team, the Knicks, the Cavs, and Barkley phoenix team.  

Fourth was mourning heat, prime ewing, the Shaq penny magic, and the kemp Payton Sonics

Fifth title went through the Howard Webber Strickland wizards, the heat, the hawks, and Malone Stockton

Thats not nothing

It's something but it's not overwhelmingly impressive, after his first title his team was always the favorite.

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

It's something but it's not overwhelmingly impressive, after his first title his team was always the favorite.

It's nor impressive that the best player of all time wasn't an underdog more and that's a negative thing?

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

That's very true, at the end of the day I really prefer to rank players by position so I'd say:

Magic, Jordan, LeBron, Duncan, Russell

then I'd say

Stockton, Bryant, Bird, Garnett, Chamberlain

then I'd say

Kidd, Wade, Pippen, Malone, Shaq 

then I'd say

Thomas, T-mac, Durant, Dirk,  Robinson

Ask Bill Russell who was the best center. Just maybe the guy who dropped 40 and 20 games on him regularly!!!

and to say lbj is better than me is ridiculous. How many defensive player of the year has bron bron won?

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ask Bill Russell who was the best center. Just maybe the guy who dropped 40 and 20 games on him regularly!!!

and to say lbj is better than me is ridiculous. How many defensive player of the year has bron bron won?

Michael, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1. Jordan

2. LeBron

3. Kareem

4. Magic 

5. Bird

6. Russell

7. Chamberlain

8. Duncan

9. Garnett

10. Shaq

Durant will probably end up there. Honorable mentions to Malone, Kobe, West, Robinson, Hakeem. 

I'm kind of biased towards big men who play both sides of the court well. But 1 and 2 are inarguable to me.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jec said:

1. Jordan

2. LeBron

3. Kareem

4. Magic 

5. Bird

6. Russell

7. Chamberlain

8. Duncan

9. Garnett

10. Shaq

Durant will probably end up there. Honorable mentions to Malone, Kobe, West, Robinson, Hakeem. 

I'm kind of biased towards big men who play both sides of the court well. But 1 and 2 are inarguable to me.

Garnett over Shaq? I love me some Garnett but over the big cactus??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Regarding items 1 & 3 above, since we agree on item 4.  We have zero respect now.  The root of that is the decision to tank back in 2011.  High risk strategy, with the possible outcome of our being terrible for many years if it didn't go well.  It didn't.  Every year I hear the same thing about losing on purpose so that we can get a high draft pick.  That pick is not guaranteed no matter how terrible we are.  Even if we get a high pick, it's far from a sure thing that it will be our salvation.  People were saying that if only we got Wiggins we would be world beaters, which doesn't seem too likely in hindsight, even if we'd gotten him. Again, it's the "Shaq Syndrome".  People think we can only be good if the past repeats itself and we draft a hall of famer. The only thing that's guaranteed with the tanking strategy is that we'll be terrible.  I'm tired of it.  Let's try to improve incrementally instead of swinging for the fences every year.

The fact that others have made shrewd moves to improve their teams without necessarily tanking themselves, which is what you're saying in item 3 above, strongly supports my argument.  Let us be the ones making the shrewd moves to improve instead of pursuing a strategy based on being as bad as possible.

The one thing we can all agree on is we have never tanked.  And, even after the Hennigan era,  we now have a roster that we can build on.  The peculiarity of this year is the injuries.  They have put us in a unique position to take advantage of an anomaly.  I feel safe saying our roster is not a 22-24 win roster.  30-35 win roster seems more reasonable.  Weltman did some good things and I think the FO basketball IQ is higher now, maybe the highest it has ever been.  If we had salary cap space that would be great but we do not, we will have to wait a couple of years for that.  So, for this year,  we are reliant on the draft only (First round and two second rounders).  Might as well, in a tough injury year, try to get the best draft pick possible whcih gives us a better second rounder too.  That increases our odds at getting THAT all-star player in the first round and a decent player in the 2nd round.  As the old adage says, "Do not kick a gift horse in the mouth"!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

The one thing we can all agree on is we have never tanked.  And, even after the Hennigan era,  we now have a roster that we can build on.  The peculiarity of this year is the injuries.  They have put us in a unique position to take advantage of an anomaly.  I feel safe saying our roster is not a 22-24 win roster.  30-35 win roster seems more reasonable.  Weltman did some good things and I think the FO basketball IQ is higher now, maybe the highest it has ever been.  If we had salary cap space that would be great but we do not, we will have to wait a couple of years for that.  So, for this year,  we are reliant on the draft only (First round and two second rounders).  Might as well, in a tough injury year, try to get the best draft pick possible whcih gives us a better second rounder too.  That increases our odds at getting THAT all-star player in the first round and a decent player in the 2nd round.  As the old adage says, "Do not kick a gift horse in the mouth"!!!!!

You shouldn't kick any horse at all.