Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

no one's won half as many titles against as INFERIOR opponents as Jordan 

You will have a hard time proving his opponents were inferior when you look at the players he hed to play against!!!

26 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

24 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

no one's won half as many titles against as INFERIOR opponents as Jordan 

Dude, you just lost any credibility that you ever had with that statement! Magic Johnson, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, Byron Scott, Malone, Stockton, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Reggie Miller, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, and a host of others might have a bit to say about what you consider "inferior talent." Are you real young and didn't see any of those guys play?

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

How should I respond?

1.  I would not call  us a laughingstock but how much respect do you think we have and with what strategy?........Win at the end of a season and build a culture of winning....How is that working out?

2.  Philly is/was not lucky at all.   Tanked to increase their odds at getting a better pick knowing those odds were in their favor!  Took Embiid third as a risk but he was considered the #1 pick, got Simmons at #1--no luck there, traded for Fultz at #1--no luck just a great move, got Saric by taking advantage of us, signed Redick on a one year deal which has worked out well.  Not everything they have done .has worked (Noel and Okafor for example) but would you rather be them or us....I thought so!!!!!

3. Over 80% of the teams in the playoffs have one thing in common---at least one if not multiple picks in the draft selected at position #1, #2, or #3 (including Indiana who has our former #2 pick Oladipo) so part of any winning strategy is high draft picks......Now where have we picked?????????

4. I am not a proponent of tanking and wish that weasel Silver would really do something about it but since he won't and it does work this is a perfect year.  We have a decent roster and adding done really, really good player (someone in the top 3), along with Gordon and Isaac, could take us out of the lottery forever.  Winning anymore games  this year  does us NO good so at least give it a try.  Maybe we will be "LUCKY"  like Philly with our pick!!

Regarding items 1 & 3 above, since we agree on item 4.  We have zero respect now.  The root of that is the decision to tank back in 2011.  High risk strategy, with the possible outcome of our being terrible for many years if it didn't go well.  It didn't.  Every year I hear the same thing about losing on purpose so that we can get a high draft pick.  That pick is not guaranteed no matter how terrible we are.  Even if we get a high pick, it's far from a sure thing that it will be our salvation.  People were saying that if only we got Wiggins we would be world beaters, which doesn't seem too likely in hindsight, even if we'd gotten him. Again, it's the "Shaq Syndrome".  People think we can only be good if the past repeats itself and we draft a hall of famer. The only thing that's guaranteed with the tanking strategy is that we'll be terrible.  I'm tired of it.  Let's try to improve incrementally instead of swinging for the fences every year.

The fact that others have made shrewd moves to improve their teams without necessarily tanking themselves, which is what you're saying in item 3 above, strongly supports my argument.  Let us be the ones making the shrewd moves to improve instead of pursuing a strategy based on being as bad as possible.

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So step up to the plate and be the GM for a minute. Taking the roster we have right now and the cap space we have, what strategy do YOU have that has a decent chance of working?

Sit Vuch. See what we have when we put out a team that plays hard.  Get whatever draft pick you get and make the most of it.  Make a trade or two.  In short, what any normal team would do, with hopefully more success than we've demonstrated in the past (of course we had a 30 y.o. GM with zero experience).

37 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Dude, you just lost any credibility that you ever had with that statement! Magic Johnson, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, Byron Scott, Malone, Stockton, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Reggie Miller, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, and a host of others might have a bit to say about what you consider "inferior talent." Are you real young and didn't see any of those guys play?

Magic Johnson was on his way out of the league Byron Scott and Worthy were hurt, Kareem was 82, Malone and Stockton were 34 and 35, Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp weren't generational players, Reggie miller was one dimensional with little offensive help, Clyde Drexler was the only dude on that team and Charles Barkley had Kevin Johnson and DAN Marley, they're not first ballot hall of gamers. Everyone he beat was either an average star or past they're prime. 

LeBron beat an all MBPS trio of Kd, Westbrook and Harden (3 first ballot hall of famers). He beat the spurs dynasty team that had 4 all stars (parker ginobli Duncan Kwahi). He beat the 73-9 all time season winner Golden State Warriors after being down 3-1. That last title against Golden State is the single most impressive win in NBA finals history.  It's story book. LeBron will retire with more points, rebounds, and assists. LeBron never had to quit basketball for any reason, Jordan did it twice. People want to discredit lebron for losing in the finals what about discrediting MJ for all the times he wanted to make the Finals but couldn't,  I remember when we beat their butts. People wanna say MJ wasn't up to it because it was a short season when weeks prior he dropped 52 in the Garden. LeBron has beat more teams willing his team with inferior talent than any super star in NBA history. I don't know who's fooling who with Kevin Love, if that dud isn't playing with lebron he's not an all star,  period. LeBron is taller stronger faster and more athletic, in sports Ima pick the bigger faster taller guy, not to mention more talented 

17 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Magic Johnson was on his way out of the league Byron Scott and Worthy were hurt, Kareem was 82, Malone and Stockton were 34 and 35, Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp weren't generational players, Reggie miller was one dimensional with little offensive help, Clyde Drexler was the only dude on that team and Charles Barkley had Kevin Johnson and DAN Marley, they're not first ballot hall of gamers. Everyone he beat was either an average star or past they're prime. 

LeBron beat an all MBPS trio of Kd, Westbrook and Harden (3 first ballot hall of famers). He beat the spurs dynasty team that had 4 all stars (parker ginobli Duncan Kwahi). He beat the 73-9 all time season winner Golden State Warriors after being down 3-1. That last title against Golden State is the single most impressive win in NBA finals history.  It's story book. LeBron will retire with more points, rebounds, and assists. LeBron never had to quit basketball for any reason, Jordan did it twice. People want to discredit lebron for losing in the finals what about discrediting MJ for all the times he wanted to make the Finals but couldn't,  I remember when we beat their butts. People wanna say MJ wasn't up to it because it was a short season when weeks prior he dropped 52 in the Garden. LeBron has beat more teams willing his team with inferior talent than any super star in NBA history. I don't know who's fooling who with Kevin Love, if that dud isn't playing with lebron he's not an all star,  period. LeBron is taller stronger faster and more athletic, in sports Ima pick the bigger faster taller guy, not to mention more talented 

And he did it while he was on “supplements” AND needing sidekicks...

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

And he did it while he was on “supplements” AND needing sidekicks...

Scottie pippens the greatest side kick of all time

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Scottie pippens the greatest side kick of all time

I agree. MJ and Pippen were amazing together. Being old I was lucky to see all the greats play back in the day, Laker's showtime, the Celtics with Bird, Parrish, and McHale, Detroit's bad boys, and of course4 MJ's Bulls. I don't doubt that LBJ is the best basketball player of all time but to say MJ didn't have competition is just not true, Basketball was a lot different then too, you could play a lot more physical than you can now. I would have loved to see magic Johnson in his prime defend LBJ!

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree. MJ and Pippen were amazing together. Being old I was lucky to see all the greats play back in the day, Laker's showtime, the Celtics with Bird, Parrish, and McHale, Detroit's bad boys, and of course4 MJ's Bulls. I don't doubt that LBJ is the best basketball player of all time but to say MJ didn't have competition is just not true, Basketball was a lot different then too, you could play a lot more physical than you can now. I would have loved to see magic Johnson in his prime defend LBJ!

That's very true, at the end of the day I really prefer to rank players by position so I'd say:

Magic, Jordan, LeBron, Duncan, Russell

then I'd say

Stockton, Bryant, Bird, Garnett, Chamberlain

then I'd say

Kidd, Wade, Pippen, Malone, Shaq 

then I'd say

Thomas, T-mac, Durant, Dirk,  Robinson