Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

That was only 14 games. That’s not enough games to say with any certainty that we are better. 

I don’t disagree we’ve been losing with Vucevic but it’s a bit unfair to pin it on one player. We’ve been terrible the whole time. 

We’re pretty certain how bad we are with Vuch.  Very large sample size there (6 years) and I think we agree about that. 14 games may not be definitive but combined with the fact that most thought the team looked a lot better (subjective) and a significantly improved w-l for those 14 games, about 1/6 of an NBA season, doesn’t it seem worthwhile to at least explore it a bit more and see if there’s really something there?  What have we got to lose?

13 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I'm sorry?  How the team plays when a player is in has no bearing on whether someone gets PT?  If that's true, it explains a lot of our problems.  Last I checked, basketball wasn't an individual sport.

In our situation, yes.  If we expect Nik to have any value moving forward he needs to keep playing the way he is.  We aren't losing because of him anyway-every one of our players have serious faults in their game, pointing out his over and over again doesn't equal causation for our problems.  

16 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

In our situation, yes.  If we expect Nik to have any value moving forward he needs to keep playing the way he is.  We aren't losing because of him anyway-every one of our players have serious faults in their game, pointing out his over and over again doesn't equal causation for our problems.  

He’s had very little value for a long time.  And while our team surely lacks talent, we played better without Vuch.  

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

He’s had very little value for a long time.  And while our team surely lacks talent, we played better without Vuch.  

Which is why for the rest of this season we need to play him as much as we can. If we ever get some separation then we can play the others more. Right now we are tied for 3rd worse, let's not rock the boat!

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, next 5 games are tough and should all be Ls. Then, we have 6 straight against tank teams... here's to hoping we don't go on another huge, pointless late season run.

Another wise man.  We better lose to Brooklyn (I mean, Cleveland) unless we are idiots!!!!!   Add Phoenix.....and Dallas....and Atlanta as desired losses too!!!!!!   Head to head losses to your enemy is HUGE!!!!!!  My desire is a maximum of two more wins this season which may be two more than Memphis...lol!

So that weasel Silver is all over tanking with fines and threats but is already allowing the resting of all-stars as the playoffs near, an issue he said he would address.   How long is his contract!!!      Irving out awhile, Harden rests yesterday, and the resting will march on.......an on....and on.... The only thing that does not make him the worst commissioner in sports is that Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL!!  Oh and I would also put him ahead of the leader of the Olympic committee's (USA and the world) but I do not think they call them commissioners.  

Philly has a less favorable schedule with 11 road games and 6 home games left.  BUT only 4 games left against playoff teams and 13 left against the the tanking teams!!  2 games behind for 3rd place in the East.  Play Indiana (currentlky in 3rd)  this week on the road.  If they win that game I see a 3rd place finish in the East.  Not bad for a team that has 2 first round picks (one lottery, one mid firsst round) and 4 second round picks in this year's draft plus a maximum available space in free agency (LeBron?) this year.  I guess that stats on whether tanking does not work are being altered by Philly!!!  It works and it is why we need to do it!!

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

So that weasel Silver is all over tanking with fines and threats but is already allowing the resting of all-stars as the playoffs near, an issue he said he would address.   How long is his contract!!!      Irving out awhile, Harden rests yesterday, and the resting will march on.......an on....and on.... The only thing that does not make him the worst commissioner in sports is that Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL!!  Oh and I would also put him ahead of the leader of the Olympic committee's (USA and the world) but I do not think they call them commissioners.  

You might be the only person who dislikes Adam silver.  He's probably been the best commissioner

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Which is why for the rest of this season we need to play him as much as we can. If we ever get some separation then we can play the others more. Right now we are tied for 3rd worse, let's not rock the boat!

You’re willing to sacrifice developing our players so we can keep losing. Following this logic will keep us terrible for many more years. 

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Philly has a less favorable schedule with 11 road games and 6 home games left.  BUT only 4 games left against playoff teams and 13 left against the the tanking teams!!  2 games behind for 3rd place in the East.  Play Indiana (currentlky in 3rd)  this week on the road.  If they win that game I see a 3rd place finish in the East.  Not bad for a team that has 2 first round picks (one lottery, one mid firsst round) and 4 second round picks in this year's draft plus a maximum available space in free agency (LeBron?) this year.  I guess that stats on whether tanking does not work are being altered by Philly!!!  It works and it is why we need to do it!!

So they finally make the playoffs after being a laughingstock for umpteen years and you seize on them to prove your point?  What about all the other teams in the playoffs?  And don’t forget Philly had considerable luck in the draft, which can’t be counted on.  Lots needs to go right for this strategy to avoid disaster, and even then you’re making your fan base suffer through years of futility. 

Amazing how far some people in this forum are willing to go to try and recreate the past.  There simply isn’t going to be a Shaq for us to draft very often.  Let’s move on from trying to do that again, to strategies that actually have a decent chance of working.  

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

You’re willing to sacrifice developing our players so we can keep losing. Following this logic will keep us terrible for many more years. 

Following this logic for the few games left this season is not going to make us terrible for many more years. If we don't make some major changes we are already going to be terrible for many more years.

We totally suck regardless of who is playing and we don't have any players that can change that. We might just as well ride out the rest of the season with Vuc, get a good pick/grab a great player in the draft, then see what moves our FO make after their year of evaluation is over.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Exactly and that is why M. Jordan is the best player in the last 40 years--he made his team better, AND stayed with the same team his entire career!!!

Bulls only lost 2 games the year Michael went out and Michael Jordan also played with Washington. The best thing Jordan did for his team mates brtter was demand gravity from the defense.  

LeBron James is a much better basketball player than Michael Jordan.

• Downvote 1