Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The last player you praised ended up being shipped out so I hope that trend continues

There’s a difference between praising and making the obvious statement. The superior player gets the pt.  Plain and simple.  I didn’t praise Payton, I pointed out inaccuracies in how many people saw him relative to others who weren’t any better.  

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Individually, yes.  But the team plays better with the other two, especially Birch.  And ultimately that’s what matters. 

And no one cares how quickly you type. 

The organization isn’t interested in winning.  That has no bearing on why someone is playing over another player.  

20 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The organization isn’t interested in winning.  That has no bearing on why someone is playing over another player.  

I'm sorry?  How the team plays when a player is in has no bearing on whether someone gets PT?  If that's true, it explains a lot of our problems.  Last I checked, basketball wasn't an individual sport.

2 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Biyombo in the starting lineup helps the team win because he mostly does what you want a center to do--play with energy and defend. His offensive futility is hidden playing alongside other scorers. As such, he's junk off the bench.

Vucevic never gets free throws, takes way too many **** jumpers, and loves getting torched in PNRs. Perfect for the tank but I don't think it's disputable that if it's a choice between him and Biyombo for a starter, he's the worse option.

But there is nobody to pick up the scoring slack. Even at full strength, this team has a hard time scoring. 

36 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

But there is nobody to pick up the scoring slack. Even at full strength, this team has a hard time scoring. 

Again w-l was better with him out so his numbers apparently don’t translate to the team being better.  Or to wins.  When have we won a lot of games in the past six years with Vuch starting at the 5 and getting big minutes? 

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, next 5 games are tough and should all be Ls. Then, we have 6 straight against tank teams... here's to hoping we don't go on another huge, pointless late season run.

We need to play Vuc as much as we can in those 6 games and have everybody funnel their man towards the middle. Problem solved! 

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need to play Vuc as much as we can in those 6 games and have everybody funnel their man towards the middle. Problem solved! 

Yes with the final 15 games management should be doing everything they can to inflate Vucs stats so we can trade his last year as an expiring next year . I'd trade him, our 2nd rounder this year and the Charlotte pick for a late lottery. I could see Charlotte or The Clippers doing this. I'd then draft one of the Bridges or Collin Sexton or take a flyer on Zhaire Smith

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Again w-l was better with him out so his numbers apparently don’t translate to the team being better.  Or to wins.  When have we won a lot of games in the past six years with Vuch starting at the 5 and getting big minutes? 

That was only 14 games. That’s not enough games to say with any certainty that we are better. 

I don’t disagree we’ve been losing with Vucevic but it’s a bit unfair to pin it on one player. We’ve been terrible the whole time. 

13 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The way I rate players nowadays is strictly based on a team context. I don't care about your stats if your teammates are miserable around you

Exactly and that is why M. Jordan is the best player in the last 40 years--he made his team better, AND stayed with the same team his entire career!!!

6 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Exactly and that is why M. Jordan is the best player in the last 40 years--he made his team better, AND stayed with the same team his entire career!!!

No he didn't.